Does charging normally take so long to charge?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I plugged my phone in at 29 percent and it's now been about two hours and it's only at 39. I am using the stock charger out of the box on the wall.. I thought it's suppose to be charge very quickly?

Posted via Android Central App

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Two hours and only ten percent? There's a problem. The phone should charge fully in less than three hours. Try a different outlet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I plugged my phone in at 29 percent and it's now been about two hours and it's only at 39. I am using the stock charger out of the box on the wall.. I thought it's suppose to be charge very quickly?

Yeah big time issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free[/URL

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Another thing may not be pertinent to your situation, but when purchasing usb charging accessories, go with a high amperage. This will allow for faster current and charge time. I have a filtered 2A rated usb cord. The filter is the thicker part toward one end of the cable and I have a 3A wall plug and car charger. With this combination my charging time using just USB is incredibly fast compared to the normal usb stovk chargers. Although the usb 3 is still faster on the note 3, it is not a total blowout by the usb 3 charger.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I was using the cord and charger from the note 3 box. It was it's first charge out of the box. I wasn't using the phone for the two hours I had jt sitting. I'll see how it goes tonight.

But I am right when I read that the USB 3.0 charges it much faster? Which the cord from the box is a 3.0 right?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
USB 3.0 charges faster connected to a pc vs USB 2.0 (1,000 mAh vs 500 mAh).

The note 3 when using the stock charger should be charging at 2,000 mAh.

Download an app called battery monitor widget and see what the supplied mAh is when connected to your charger.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I would also remove your battery for a minute and then reinstall it. That will sometimes help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I timed my full charge today....2 hrs and 14 min from 1% to 100%...not bad at all....I've been on the phone 3 hrs and 38 min and have 81% left...I swapped out for a new note 3 last night since last note 3 had issues...hoping the battery life on this new note 3 will be just as good as my last.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835