Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Verizon Navigator running in the background, constantly

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed this recently and figured I'd share with everyone else. I used to always get "VZ Navigator has stopped unexpectedly" on my screen and wanted to know if anyone would get the same random message. I went ahead and killed the app (and was surprised that it let me uninstall). Hopefully this will only add to my battery life. I don't remember ever activating it either since I'd rather use Google Maps which is free anyways.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this recently and figured I'd share with everyone else. I used to always get "VZ Navigator has stopped unexpectedly" on my screen and wanted to know if anyone would get the same random message. I went ahead and killed the app (and was surprised that it let me uninstall). Hopefully this will only add to my battery life. I don't remember ever activating it either since I'd rather use Google Maps which is free anyways.

I haven't seen anything like that. It is always running in the background on mine since I check it and always have to Force Stop it. I can see that you can Turn Off the app but how did you uninstall it?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen anything like that. It is always running in the background on mine since I check it and always have to Force Stop it. I can see that you can Turn Off the app but how did you uninstall it?

I went to "All" under App management, and saw 2 listings for it. The 1st one let me remove the updates, and disable it. The 2nd listing let me actually delete it. I'll post up a screenshot of my app list.

5e4eja4u.jpg

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I could select "Turn Off", but no other option in application manager. Now I can only find it in the "Turned Off" section :)

Cheers, Jon

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that was the issue where youbsaid it was listed twice. I have never seen vz nav listed twice on any of my phones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I could select "Turn Off", but no other option in application manager. Now I can only find it in the "Turned Off" section :)

Cheers, Jon

Have you done any updates for that app? I was actually surprised that I could remove it as well considering I had a Rezound for almost 2 years and it wouldn't let me remove that piece of garbage app unless I was rooted. I'm not rooted right now either.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that was the issue where youbsaid it was listed twice. I have never seen vz nav listed twice on any of my phones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I figured I'd check some other apps, and I think I've figured out why I had duplicates. I used a backup application to backup my apps from my Rezound to my N3. I think installing Verizon Navigator and NFL Mobile from my Rezound gave me an option to delete these apps. If that's the case, I'm going to look for other Verizon Bloatware that I can install from my Rezound so I can delete.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I knew uninstall update would just go back then nag me forever about updates so I decided to choose "Turning Off" & it removed the update .... weird ..... then I had to turn it off again. Now it no longer shows up in my apps, except in a new Turned Off section ;)

Cheers, Jon
Have you done any updates for that app? I was actually surprised that I could remove it as well considering I had a Rezound for almost 2 years and it wouldn't let me remove that piece of garbage app unless I was rooted. I'm not rooted right now either.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I knew uninstall update would just go back then nag me forever about updates so I decided to choose "Turning Off" & it removed the update .... weird ..... then I had to turn it off again. Now it no longer shows up in my apps, except in a new Turned Off section ;)

Cheers, Jon

Sigh way to kill my buzz, I remember seeing that tab before, but it didn't occur to me to look there. At least now I figured out why I had duplicate entries. I'm almost tempted to root this thing just to get this Verizon bloatware off of this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox