Anyone dropping the Note 3 to go back to the S4 once 4.3 hits?

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I am a happily converted GNote lover now...I love the bigger screen, the S pen, I loved my S4 but since My wife wanted one it worked out perfect, and IMO build materials are irrelevant, I mean who cares if its plastic or metal or carbon fiber...most people are going to slap a plastic case on it anyway...whether its an OtterBox, TPU, or some rhinestone crap my wife loves...but I'm already looking forward to the GS5 and GNote4 should both should be great devices...

This is what happened for me too. My wife wanted the S4 so I convinced her to take mine and I grabbed the Note 3.

Now I'm sure the S4 will be of the hook OP but then imagine what the Note 4 will offer 😜. Assuming the Note Series keeps offering slightly upgraded specs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Bigger screen, not better :p

Don't know about that. Most reviews said it was brighter and better color reproduction. Even from my own experience or in public at bars and stores and with friends that have an S4. People commented on how much smoother it seams and that even the screen looks better overall. I have both and while I can agree it's not night and day I did feel the same way others did comparing the two.

Now I also read the S4 screen will look better after the 4.3 update so maybe the slight difference right now is in the software cause don't they use literally the same screen tech? So the S4 may look better after the update if they alter the brightness and colors and with the higher ppi.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about that. Most reviews said it was brighter and better color reproduction. Even from my own experience or in public at bars and stores and with friends that have an S4. People commented on how much smoother it seams and that even the screen looks better overall. I have both and while I can agree it's not night and day I did feel the same way others did comparing the two.

Now I also read the S4 screen will look better after the 4.3 update so maybe the slight difference right now is in the software cause don't they use literally the same screen tech? So the S4 may look better after the update if they alter the brightness and colors and with the higher ppi.

PPI is hardware, they can't change that. Only thing they can change is software settings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
PPI is hardware, they can't change that. Only thing they can change is software settings.

Yes I know that I was saying if they can alter the brightness and colors to match the Notes through software then on top of that it will also have the added advantage of being sharper from the greater ppi with the screen being smaller.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This is what happened for me too. My wife wanted the S4 so I convinced her to take mine and I grabbed the Note 3.

Now I'm sure the S4 will be of the hook OP but then imagine what the Note 4 will offer 😜. Assuming the Note Series keeps offering slightly upgraded specs.

Oops meant to say the S5 will be off the hook but the Note 4 may be better. That's what I get for typing to fast and not rereading before posting.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, they have the same hardware. Maybe the software update changes any limits they had put on the hardware?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out if the Galaxy Gear would be of any use for me. All the commercials I've seen for it have all but confirmed to me that I would probably not find much use for it. If I were in Jr. High or some other entity where looking at one's phone would be frowned upon, then I could see myself needing some covert way of reading my emails and text messages. I actually worked for a company that frowned upon having your cell phone out while on the clock, and I eventually told that manager of that job to take a hike. If they didn't believe me to be adult enough to separate work from personal business then I didn't need to be working there. I kind of do wish I was young enough to require some gadget like the Galaxy Gear, I'd be the coolest geek around! :D

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out if the Galaxy Gear would be of any use for me. All the commercials I've seen for it have all but confirmed to me that I would probably not find much use for it. If I were in Jr. High or some other entity where looking at one's phone would be frowned upon, then I could see myself needing some covert way of reading my emails and text messages. I actually worked for a company that frowned upon having your cell phone out while on the clock, and I eventually told that manager of that job to take a hike. If they didn't believe me to be adult enough to separate work from personal business then I didn't need to be working there. I kind of do wish I was young enough to require some gadget like the Galaxy Gear, I'd be the coolest geek around! :D

I would love one. Take calls, check texts, take quick pics and even have it alert your phone if you can't remember where you put it down. For me the function and enough features are there I just don't know if it's worth $300 to me. $200 I'd probably buy one no problem but $300 just seams like too much. I'm on the fence for one myself

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would love one. Take calls, check texts, take quick pics and even have it alert your phone if you can't remember where you put it down. For me the function and enough features are there I just don't know if it's worth $300 to me. $200 I'd probably buy one no problem but $300 just seams like too much. I'm on the fence for one myself

None of that sounds worth the $300 to me.. Not even $100 worth. If the phones in my pocket why pay so much for that if I'm going to fork out a bunch to see it on my wrist?

Just my opinion :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
None of that sounds worth the $300 to me.. Not even $100 worth. If the phones in my pocket why pay so much for that if I'm going to fork out a bunch to see it on my wrist?

Just my opinion :).

That's my take as well. And then you have to take into account that you'll have to have bluetooth constantly on, which will eat into battery life. And then you'll probably want some extra batteries or a portable charger for your phone since you'll need something to compensate for bluetooth connectivity battery drain. Soon enough, you'll need something to carry all that extra stuff in.... Then you'll have to explain to your friends that it's not a purse, it's European Galaxy Gear!!

Yes-I-Carry-A-Purse.jpg

Maybe you can pull it off, but I dunno.....there's only one "manbag" that I carry around with me, and that's the one mother nature intended...... :p

Joey_with_Man_Bag.jpg

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's my take as well. And then you have to take into account that you'll have to have bluetooth constantly on, which will eat into battery life. And then you'll probably want some extra batteries or a portable charger for your phone since you'll need something to compensate for bluetooth connectivity battery drain. Soon enough, you'll need something to carry all that extra stuff in.... Then you'll have to explain to your friends that it's not a purse, it's European Galaxy Gear!!

View attachment 89338

Maybe you can pull it off, but I dunno.....there's only one "manbag" that I carry around with me, and that's the one mother nature intended...... :p

View attachment 89339

The watch uses Bluetooth 4.0 which is supposed to use less battery. Not sure how much it saves you though

Posted via Android Central App

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that the battery lasts longer with the gear and the bluetooth on. And that's on both devices ( note 3 and now the S4)

Trust me, everyone that is against the gear is harping on the price and not giving the device a fare shot. I purchased a low end watch from Michael kors for around 300... and all it does is tell time!

Everyone on the fence... do yourself a favor and go to bestbuy and purchase the watch. Use it for at least 10 days and if you're not hooked just take it back to best buy for a full refund and no questions asked! I guarantee that 8 out of 10 users will decide to hold on to it. And those that do return it won't ever have to live with the what-ifs!

Just my 2 helpful cents!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I played with one in best buy and more importantly, I tried one of their dummy samples on and I've got to tell you they are not very comfortable. Kind of ruins the tech side for me.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I played with one in best buy and more importantly, I tried one of their dummy samples on and I've got to tell you they are not very comfortable. Kind of ruins the tech side for me.

You mean the one that's attached to the security rope and has the extra bulk on it due to the security piece on the bottom of the watch? Of course is uncomfortable! The watch is smaller than that.

Trust me just buy one for a few days even if you can't afford to keep it now and return it to buy it at a later date, playing with it at best buy doesn't do it any justice. You need to pair it with your phone and implement it into your daily life to see its true potential.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, everyone that is against the gear is harping on the price and not giving the device a fare shot. I purchased a low end watch from Michael kors for around 300... and all it does is tell time!

Well that isn't why everyone is against it... The price is one thing for me.. I think 300 is alot for a watch but m actual main reason is... Why? To see I got a text that I have to pull my phone out anyway to respond to? Doesn't seem good to me. Why pay for the 700 device if I'm not going to utilize that?

I just personally don't see a good fit for me with the watch.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Dummy watches? Lmao! Dude do yourself a favor and get one.

The other part of the problem is I haven't worn a watch since cellphones could display time. No thanks until maybe they come down to 100 bucks. They're not worth 300 to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary