Caller Name ID?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I see this app running. It isn't clear to me if it is a Verizon or Samsung standard app or something running from some unknown source I never installed. Do you have this?
9eqajyda.jpg

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I see this app running. It isn't clear to me if it is a Verizon or Samsung standard app or something running from some unknown source I never installed. Do you have this?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/9eqajyda.jpg

It a Verizon app, they give you a 13 days trail period then you will have to pay $2.99 a month if you choose to keep using this app. VZW always had some kind of call id app, they used City ID before

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have always received caller. Id. In the past for free. Will i lose it now and never know who is calling?

You will still get the caller ID number with or without app.

This app adds the feature of pulling the telephone company caller ID, if the number isn't already in your contacts.

Sent From "The Beast"

JinSD

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Before disabling this app I always saw 4g was still active when I was on wifi.

y3aqeper.jpg

The 4g turned off instantly when I disabled this app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Truly a case of being force fed apps by good old Verizon. I can see them pitching the app (because they get paid by the developer), but once the trial runs out and you choose not to subscribe, why do they insist that you leave it on your phone (rhetorical question)? I believe one day there will be a class-action lawsuit against companies who sell you a phone and don't allow you to remove software that you find useless, and it's removal has no effect on the operation of the phone.

Sound far-fetched? It happened just a few years ago to Microsoft and PC makers. When you pay for a device...subsidized or not, it is YOURS, and you should be able to remove software from that device. Maybe one day :) thanks...rant over

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Truly a case of being force fed apps by good old Verizon. I can see them pitching the app (because they get paid by the developer), but once the trial runs out and you choose not to subscribe, why do they insist that you leave it on your phone (rhetorical question)? I believe one day there will be a class-action lawsuit against companies who sell you a phone and don't allow you to remove software that you find useless, and it's removal has no effect on the operation of the phone.

Sound far-fetched? It happened just a few years ago to Microsoft and PC makers. When you pay for a device...subsidized or not, it is YOURS, and you should be able to remove software from that device. Maybe one day :) thanks...rant over

When you see the app in your notification area, long press on it and choose app info. (You can also get here through settings >application manager.) From there choose turn off/disable and, voila, it will be gone!

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When you see the app in your notification area, long press on it and choose app info. (You can also get here through settings >application manager.) From there choose turn off/disable and, voila, it will be gone!

Thanks for the reply z06mike...my post was mainly a rant. There's a difference between disabling an app, and removing it from MY phone. Was hoping there might a ambitious lawyer on the forum who would see this as a great opportunity to initiate a class-action suit against a carrier for forcing customers to keep worthless software on their devices. All it would take is one suit, and it would definitely catch the attention of the other carriers.

If anyone was to buy a laptop, and it had apps on it that I could not remove because BestBuy thought I should keep them, what would be the public's reaction? You mainly see this behavior amongst the tablet and phone manufacturers. I am not arguing against core applications that are required for normal operation of a device.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply z06mike...my post was mainly a rant. There's a difference between disabling an app, and removing it from MY phone. Was hoping there might a ambitious lawyer on the forum who would see this as a great opportunity to initiate a class-action suit against a carrier for forcing customers to keep worthless software on their devices. All it would take is one suit, and it would definitely catch the attention of the other carriers.

If anyone was to buy a laptop, and it had apps on it that I could not remove because BestBuy thought I should keep them, what would be the public's reaction? You mainly see this behavior amongst the tablet and phone manufacturers. I am not arguing against core applications that are required for normal operation of a device.

Ah ok! I see what you're saying and I agree 100%!

JCheySoul

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I declined the app some time ago. Then last week it disappeared from my phone out of the blue and now every call I get, whether they are in my contacts list or not, shows up as Unknown and I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It's why people have a choice. It's Verizon's right to install crap on their service it's our right to root and get rid of their nonsense. If one day we can't root and debloat I'm headed to T-Mobile. Much cheaper plans plus hopefully better customer service. I know the cell service is worse.. But still Verizon's attitude sucks

Posted via Android Central App

Nathaniel Comfort

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
von#CB wrote:
you can also uninstall it​

You can't, though. I now get an "offer" to sign up for this service for $3/month after every single call. It takes two taps to clear it. The app is already on my phone--it shows up in the apps list. But it does not appear in the Application Manager (I guess because it's not running, since I haven't signed up for it) so I cannot delete it.

This just started a couple of days ago. It's like malware from my phone company!

Anyone have a suggestion of how to get rid of this? (Already considering the permanent fix of switching carriers.)

Thx.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
von#CB wrote:
you can also uninstall it​

You can't, though. I now get an "offer" to sign up for this service for $3/month after every single call. It takes two taps to clear it. The app is already on my phone--it shows up in the apps list. But it does not appear in the Application Manager (I guess because it's not running, since I haven't signed up for it) so I cannot delete it.

This just started a couple of days ago. It's like malware from my phone company!

Anyone have a suggestion of how to get rid of this? (Already considering the permanent fix of switching carriers.)

Thx.

In the original post there's an image. It says "turn off". Click this.

If you can't get to it than open the app drawer, long press the application and drag to the home screen and go to details.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

dmz1985

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
It's why people have a choice. It's Verizon's right to install crap on their service it's our right to root and get rid of their nonsense. If one day we can't root and debloat I'm headed to T-Mobile. Much cheaper plans plus hopefully better customer service. I know the cell service is worse.. But still Verizon's attitude sucks

Posted via Android Central App

actually its not our right to root. rooting voids all warranties and insurance if they catch it. in a nutshell its leave the app alone or run the risk of voiding everything and being **** out of luck if something happens to your phone. the the carriers do pretty much whatever the they want. for example, most of the carriers have certain apps blocked to where you cant see them in google play if you are browsing from your phone. i know AT&T blocks WiFi Tether for Root Users on their devices because thats who i have. i had to side load the app on my GS5

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I never heard it voids insurance. If I drop my phone and break the digitizer or drop in in the ocean insurance won"t cover the damage if the phone is rooted?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair