Considering Switching to the LG g2

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 is great but a bit buggy. Anyone know if we are due an update to resolve some of the common bugs? Otherwise the g2 is half the price (got on upgraded) and as far as I know not as buggy

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You can't launch 3rd party notifications from the lock screen. When you click on the notification the app launches but the phone doesn't unlock. So you sit at the lock screen till you swipe to unlock. Then you're in the app already.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't launch 3rd party notifications from the lock screen. When you click on the notification the app launches but the phone doesn't unlock. So you sit at the lock screen till you swipe to unlock. Then you're in the app already.

Hm... Sure this isn't an app problem? I have things like ChompSMS that purposely bypass the lock screen to let me text while the phone is locked. I also am able to pull down the notification bar to tap on something and it unlocks the phone and takes me to that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Has happened for multiple apps. Let me test chomp since you don't have a problem with it if I have a problem it's me if not its looking more like an app issue.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I installed chomp and let the screen lock. I clicked the "install complete" notification to launch the app and the lock screen didn't unlock. Then I used chomp and got a message notification. The message worked. So it's even happening with the Google play store.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm that it works on the G2.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the G2, loved it. BUT, I always hit the damn home or back button when typing. I rooted it and made the buttons smaller, still became an issue for me. The battery life is better on the G2 but everything else i love more. I DO notice that annoying issue the OP made a point about. I now use Textra and it still brings up a square on the lock screen as opposed to opening the text app. It's a nuisance but not enough for me to get rid of the phone. I do wonder if its a "bug" and if a software fix is possible. I can't remember if my note 2 did the same issue...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Touchwiz? That may be the issue... I just emailed myself from my work email just now. The phone received the push (it vibrated)... So I dragged down the notification bar and tapped on the email. Gmail opened right to the message... When I hit the back button it took me to my inbox in Gmail. The phone is unlocked.

I use Nova Launcher (prime). Also another thought... Do you have a password on your phone?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Touchwiz? That may be the issue... I just emailed myself from my work email just now. The phone received the push (it vibrated)... So I dragged down the notification bar and tapped on the email. Gmail opened right to the message... When I hit the back button it took me to my inbox in Gmail. The phone is unlocked.

I use Nova Launcher (prime). Also another thought... Do you have a password on your phone?

Yes I'm using touchwiz. I'll try a different launcher

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You really changed phones because you have to swipe to unlock after opening a notification? The lg is a compromise on so many levels. It feels like cheap Chinese software and hardware never mind the lack of SD, s pen, etc

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No password. And when I install nova and click the power button I'm back at the touchwiz lock screen

Sounds like you're not using Nova even though it installed. Sounds like Touchwiz is your default and that's why it keeps going to that. Clear defaults on Touchwiz. Next home button click will ask you what to use. If you set Nova to default I bet it will work.

Even though I'm sure you changed already. Hope you enjoy the LG.. I personally would of done more troubleshooting than changing an entire phone for one thing :).