Screen timeout on when charging

ttrain68

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I would like for my screen to not turn off automatically when I have it plugged in to my charger. The only setting I see is under display and the best I can set it to is 10 minutes. Is there a way to turn that off completely?

digicoustic

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings, about phone, scroll down and tap on the build number 4 or 5 times. You can then go back a screen and at the bottom you should have Developer options. Check box stay awake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ldskater

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Samsung S4 mini and followed these instructions but after 10 mins the screen goes black, my music stops playing and an Orange light comes on in the upper left corner. When i unplug the charger the screen comes back on and all the apps are still running and the musaic starts playing again.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

btr_01g

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings, about phone, scroll down and tap on the build number 4 or 5 times. You can then go back a screen and at the bottom you should have Developer options. Check box stay awake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Thank you so much, this worked for me. (SGH-999 on T-Mobile USA).

My question is why the **** do they set it up this way? Every android I've ever used had developer options available at all times. It's not documented anywhere this method you provided. So, what, we're supposed to just spend an hour on Google Search until we're lucky enough to find the answer? I don't understand why companies think this is a good idea, all it does is waste everyone's time. ******* infuriating and just increases my belief that everyone running a large company is a worthless *****.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much, this worked for me. (SGH-999 on T-Mobile USA).

My question is why the **** do they set it up this way? Every android I've ever used had developer options available at all times. It's not documented anywhere this method you provided. So, what, we're supposed to just spend an hour on Google Search until we're lucky enough to find the answer? I don't understand why companies think this is a good idea, all it does is waste everyone's time. ******* infuriating and just increases my belief that everyone running a large company is a worthless *****.

You need to calm down lol.. It's just a hidden menu.

Why hide it? You wouldn't believe how many people go in and change things when they have no idea what it does... Then yell to their carrier on why the phone they bought doesn't work. Sure they put a warning on it to say don't use this if you don't know how... But how many people will just bypass it? Lots.

So it's basically hidden so those that don't know how to use these options.. Can't.. Since they won't see it by default. Ones that do need it do this one thing and you're good to go :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jan 2, 2019
Visit site
This is amazing! Thank you so much! The one thing I love about google - I literally just type in my question! I.e., "can you set sprint's galaxy a6 to not have screen timeout when it's plugged?" This was the third option and oh how it helped! I could not figure out how to make it stay on to be able to use google assistant. Thank you sooo much!