12-05-2013 02:14 PM
47 12
tools
    I'm on the fence guys!!! I want to make the jump to the note3 but not sure... I'm coming from the iP5S. Do any of you that made the switch miss these features:

1. iMessage
    2. Seamless sync with mac
    3. Smoothness/fluidity of apps- FB, Instagram, Sbux app, and games.
    4. The iOS Email app
    5. Bluetooth audio with car stereo shows song/album info and I'm able to skip songs with stereo controls (don't know if its possible on note 3)
    6. Camera

Help me make up my mind!!! I'm dying to have a bigger screen. I'm on verizon and I've heard some people complain about garbbled poor call quality and poor camera performance. Thanks for the help! I'm probably going to best buy to pull the trigger just having second thoughts.....
    11-04-2013 06:02 PM
    I'm on the fence guys!!! I want to make the jump to the note3 but not sure... I'm coming from the iP5S. Do any of you that made the switch miss these features:

1. iMessage
    4. The iOS Email app
    5. Bluetooth audio with car stereo shows song/album info and I'm able to skip songs with stereo controls (don't know if its possible on note 3)
    6. Camera

Help me make up my mind!!! I'm dying to have a bigger screen. I'm on verizon and I've heard some people complain about garbbled poor call quality and poor camera performance. Thanks for the help! I'm probably going to best buy to pull the trigger just having second thoughts.....
    I am coming from the 5s and the 5 before that. However I have used every iteration of the Galaxy S series as well as the note 2. I am currently on Verizon and I love the note 3.

1. iMessage - only issues is switching from it. All my friends and family have had issues trying to send me messages since I switched. I even turned it off before I switched and deactivated it from iTunes. But they still have some issues 2 weeks after the switch.

2. Seamless sync with Mac. Hasn't been that big of an issue with me personally because my music syncs through the play app. Also my pictures that I want I can transfer to the SD card.

3. As far as the apps go I haven't noticed to much of a drop off in quality.

4. I don't have any problems with the email at all. You will love reading emails on this thing.

5. If you use the native music app or the Google play music you want have any issues. I however use Spotify and it won't display the names and album info. That is the only draw back so far.

6. I love the camera. And the videos are amazing on the note 3.

That's my input. Hope it helps. Also I am a very heavy user throughout the day and I basically can't kill the battery. For example unplugged my phone at 6:30 this morning and it's now 4:30 and I'm still at 60%

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:30 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4 and I don't miss a THING! My Husband is still an iPhone 5 user and when ever he watches videos on my Galaxy he's blown away by the quality of the videos and the camera is above and beyond anything Apple has right now ( IMO) and in his as well. Plus I was 3 and 4 times a day plugging up my iPhone because I'm such a heavy user, but I only have got to top off my charge once a day with my Galaxy. I've made the switch and I'm never looking back!
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:53 PM
    I switched from an iphone 4s and I don't really miss the whole Apple experience. Now I use unlocked Galaxy S2 Skyrocket as primary phone when traveling and the Note for entertainment and at home.

1.Don't miss iMessage at all. Just text or use other apps instead.

2. All my email, contacts, calendar, etc. sync from both PC and Macs, so not really an issue for me. iTunes obviously doesn't sync to android, but I just transferred all the iTunes music i had through Easy Phone Tunes app. Can also be done with Kies, but my devices are rooted and running custom ROMs so Kies doesn't recognize them. Also much easier to share stuff in Android.

3. I was already using Gmail so I don't miss the iOS email.

4. Apps have been really fluid ever since ICS and JB. All of these apps are available on Google Play and work great. There were some games missing, but they all seem to be available for Android now. The Note is great for games. Huge AMOLED screen and no lag at all.

5. Bluetooth music works on the Note and many other Android devices.

6. The camera is very good on the Note and most high end Samsung phones. It probably has one of the 5 best smartphone cameras. You can always add HDR to pics if you want to brighten them up a bit.

I'm on AT&T so I'm not sure about call quality on Verizen, but it's quite good on AT&T.
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:56 PM

1. iMessage
    4. The iOS Email app
    6. Camera

I missed iMessage and the ability to message from my Mac and iPad so much that I switched back. At least 98% of my friends and family all have iPhones and use iMessage. I missed the overall iOS experience too much. But the Note 3 is an excellent phone. I just missed the way all my devices worked seamlessly together when I was using my iPhone so I returned the Note 3 switched back. I do, however, miss the S-Pen :-(

I held out long enough to see how SMS would be implemented into Hangouts and once I found out that you couldn't send messages from a tablet/computer using your phone number, the way you can with iMessage, I threw in the towel.
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-04-2013 07:52 PM
    Thanks guys! I guess I really won't know until I try the note 3. My gf has the note 2 and loves it, she hates the iPhones tiny screen. If I decide to stay with the iPhone I definitely will need to buy an iPad. I'm off to best buy to tinker with the display unit and see if I pull the trigger... Thanks for the input so far. I have so much to think about. Some reviews I've seen on youtube praise the note 3 but when it comes to their "daily driver" they all pick the iPhone go figure...
    11-04-2013 08:06 PM

1. iMessage
    4. The iOS Email app
    6. Camera

I had Android in the past, but the last phone was a iPhone 4S.

1. Haven't had any issues. I made sure to turn it off, and even texted from the iPhone before switching this one on. Have not had an issue. My wife and several friends all rock iPhones, both the 5S and older models, and no issues for me, or them receiving mine.

2. I use a PC, so no help here.

3. Love the apps, and have not had an issue. I use KeyRing for all my store cards, and it fired right up and worked first time out. FourSquare, FB, Open Table, UrbanSpoon, etc all work without issue. Obviously I have lost a few that I paid for, but thats expected. Haven't gotten to play a round of golf with it yet, but don't see GolfLogix being an issue.

4. I was never a fan of the iOS email app. I started using the GMail once they had the newer version out. And I love the email apps on here.

5. Haven't used this yet. My car plugged in to run my iPhone, was able to use the screen for navigation via the iPhone, that is one thing I miss at this point. But, it was an aftermarket system and can always replace it pretty easy.

6. Camera seems a little slow sometimes. But, largely for me that is because it is in the processing mode, but it captured the picture just fine. I assume it is due to the higher MP count, and the processing the phone does. Haven't gotten to play with all the settings, but seems really nice so far.

With my wife having the 5S, she needs it for work. And thinks mine is huge, but mine feels normal to me now and fits in all of my pockets, even dress slacks., and the iPhones seem small. I would hate to have something with a screen as small as the 5S. I had the call issues on the first one, but Verison was easy to work with and I got a new one without much hassel. Love it and won't look back.

Last few notes. I love Google Play Music, and the ability to stream my whole library. I carry roughly 30 gigs of music on my 64 gb card. And can stream the other 50ish GB I have on the computer, if someone ever wants a specific song played.

I don't have an iPad or anything else other than an iPod. I use a Kindle fire, and looking at the new Galaxy Tab next year maybe. So, I was not losing a lot of conectivity.
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-05-2013 09:14 AM
    I came from the iPhone 5 and love it. Especially the huge screen. The only thing I miss is the camera.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-05-2013 07:58 PM
    I made the switch! So far it's been a smooth transition! I do miss the iPhone camera... Don't know if I'm sticking with the note but I can say that android has come a long way. I do think iOS is still a little bit more polished but this has to be one of if not the best android experiences I've had.
    Spacemaker24 likes this.
    11-06-2013 04:39 AM
    I'm looking to make the switch back to Android from iOS. Back in the day you could sell or trade an iPhone for just about any phone on the market not now. People are asking for cash plus my iPhone on some phones.. It's weird. I guess it's fair but I'm used to it being the other way around. I'm on the fence about an s4 or note 3. I'm really leaning towards a note 3 but I can't imagine paying 600 bucks for a phone right now. I may add a line but I feel that would turn into a high priced mess as well.... Has anyone added a line to an indiviual plan? I don't have unlimited data so I'm not concerned with that. I'm gonna search the forums some more and see what I can find!
    11-06-2013 09:27 AM
    It's worth the price. Had I used enough data to make unlimited worth keeping, I was prepared to drop the money on it.

It's a wonderful phone and with the newest update, any of the new release issues should be cleared up.

We have a share everything plan. And so I set it up and then added my wife. And it's 40 bucks a month per smart phone. And it shares the data. And gets you unlimited text and data. Pay for however much data you think you will use.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2013 04:47 PM
    I converted from an iphone 4 for years. I kept waiting to see what Apple was going to do and it kept being NOTHING, so I switched. I couldn't be happier :-)
    11-06-2013 06:39 PM
    I switched over from a 5 and haven't looked back since. In fact the iPhones look so small whenever I see one now. I still have my iPad so I haven't felt I lost anything when it comes to spending money in the iTunes store. The apps are very smooth and no lag so far, in fact there are times when I found my phone to be much quicker to pull up a web page, app, Netflix, etc than my iPad. I use a Windows PC so I can't help you w/ your Mac question. My only issue I'm having still is that I'm not getting all my messages from a few iPhone users. Searched the forums and tried everything suggested but still no luck. Kinda annoying but no big deal because I can converse w/ them on fb if needed to.
    11-06-2013 08:53 PM

1. iMessage
    4. The iOS Email app
    6. Camera

1. My wife recently switched from an iPhone 5 to my S4 and I grabbed a Note 3. She also had had some issues receiving texts from other iPhone users. My guess their phones are still sending imessages ams not recognizing her number is no longer connected to an iPhone but that seams like an iPhone issue not a galaxy issue.

2. Can't comment there don't have a mac.

3. She is loving the S4. She thinks it's just as fluid and actually likes how some of the apps work better than the iphone version. Some graphics intense games may do better on the iphone 5s as a guess cause of their new graphics chip but I haven't had any issue with any I play on my note 3. I'm not to tech savvy so I don't really know the power difference between the 2 but my note 3 runs most games beautifully.

4. Can't comment on iOS email cause we both only used Gmail.

5. Depending on the app playing the music. Google Music(which syncs with iTunes) displays all that info no problem in our cars no problem. Spotify however won't display any info but the controls to skip tracks and such work perfectly.

6. I haven't used my note 3 camera much but me and my wife agree the camera on the S4 was hands down better than her iPhone. The Note 3 from what I read may have a few bugs in that department but should be able to be fixed with a software update. I haven't had issues with the few pics I've taken but the camera hardware is the same as the S4 so any differences should be software related.

She did have trouble learning her way around Android and got frustrated here and there but once she got used to it she can't get enough of customizing and playing with everything to make it fit her perfectly.

Pinkman. likes this.
    11-07-2013 04:13 AM
    Congrats Pinkman. You'll love 2 or 3 things that the iphone cannot match right now.

1. The screen. Size matters, and additionally, quality does too.
    2. The battery. a) It will outlast the iPhone battery, and b) it's replaceable.
    3. Memory. External memory.

Spen is pretty cool stuff as well.

Enjoy!
    Pinkman. likes this.
    11-07-2013 02:47 PM
    Just put in a 64gb micro sd card!! I love having all my photos and videos on my phablet! I am having a little trouble getting used to handling the note in one hand... almost dropped it a few time I have also noticed a slight stuttering sometimes, I guess mostly when I'm running low on memory... other than that no complaints.
    11-08-2013 02:57 AM
    I converted after having the iPhone for a while most recently the iPhone 5. I was looking forward to the 5s not sure why deep down I knew it would be the same stuff but I was. And when it was unveiled I was disappointed for the first time in a while. Ios 7 was horrible to say the least I could stand it I tried the galaxy s4 but got rid of it after a few day as well as having several other Androids over the years but kept returning to the iPhone as I was not comfortable.

I had been eying the Note series for some time and actually bought a Note 2 but couldn't deal with the screen being not as sharp as the iPhone so I sold it after just literally a few minutes of of playing with it. Then I saw the Note 3 and have been eyeing it ever since.

My wife needed a new iPhone since hers broke and that was my chance to try this beast. I must say I had my reservations but this thing is completely awesome. After about 6 days now with this phone I do not miss my iPhone at all and I'm getting used to the size.

All my contacts, music, and calendars imported over. I was able to download all my most used apps.

This thing screams it's so fast. The screen is gorgeous. Battery is fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about this phone. Great work Samsung.

Rockin my Note 3
    11-08-2013 03:36 PM
    Im currently using an iPhone 5. I have about 30 days to wait until I have a chance to get another phone. I am really interested in the GN3 and the LG G2 but reception is a big concern for me!! The iPhone 5 "wow" factor wore off a while ago and I want a larger screen 👍. I would love some input!! Thanks!! Oh and a good camera is a big deal for me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-08-2013 05:57 PM
    The only reason to stick with iPhone is the camera. Anyone that has lived with an iPhone camera will quickly notice the difference. I don't know what apple does to achieve such a good camera, but the switch is noticeable.

EVERYTHING else about the note 3 is better.

redimpala01 likes this.
    11-10-2013 07:20 AM
    The only reason to stick with iPhone is the camera. Anyone that has lived with an iPhone camera will quickly notice the difference. I don't know what apple does to achieve such a good camera, but the switch is noticeable.

EVERYTHING else about the note 3 is better.

I agree though only with the part about the camera being *easier* to use on the 5s. The note 3 outperformed the 5s in many camera areas. The flash on the iPhone is better though. I would not sell the note 3 camera so short. Taking pics from the iPhone and note 3 can leave one more pleased from the note 3 pics under certain conditions. I have to half agree. IPhone camera is ingnorant proof if you will while the note 3 can outperform it if one has some basic understanding of how to operate the note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    redimpala01 likes this.
    11-10-2013 07:32 AM
    I agree though only with the part about the camera being *easier* to use on the 5s. The note 3 outperformed the 5s in many camera areas. The flash on the iPhone is better though. I would not sell the note 3 camera so short. Taking pics from the iPhone and note 3 can leave one more pleased from the note 3 pics under certain conditions. I have to half agree. IPhone camera is ingnorant proof if you will while the note 3 can outperform it if one has some basic understanding of how to operate the note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I disagree. I think it's a software issue. The stock camera may be the issue. I've posted an example below. The first picture Any iPhone 5/5S Converts?-uploadfromtaptalk1384091396131.jpg is from the stock camera . The 2nd is from the camera MX app. Any iPhone 5/5S Converts?-uploadfromtaptalk1384091414691.jpg

The blur effect on stock is noticeable in all photos regardless of mode, exposure etc. It has to be a software issue. If you could control f stop you could life that blur.

11-10-2013 07:52 AM
    By the way.. I just downloaded that app. Maybe that's the solution!

11-10-2013 07:54 AM
    The note 3 doesn't focus the best. I have to give it a few seconds or manually focus it. After doing that, I get incredibly sharp pictures from the note 3. It all comes down to understanding how the camera (stock) focuses. I have never had a blurry shot as long as I shot when the green square said ready!

11-10-2013 07:59 AM
    I need a bigger screen because I have fat fingers LOL. I dislike iOS 7 and the battery life of the iPhone 5. I had a Note 2 before I switched and I loved it!! I had to switch to the iPhone 5 because of work but I am no longer there and I feel like I'm stuck with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-10-2013 11:48 AM
    I just switched from the iPhone 5 to the Note 3. Since mote people have unlimited messaging i'm not finding an issue with not having imessage. You may have a problem with Imessage if you have it installed on other devices like an iPad, you will need to disable it on other devices or messages may get lost . As far as the camera goes I am taking some pretty good photos with my note 3, just make sure you let the focus work.
    redimpala01 likes this.
    11-10-2013 12:51 PM
47 12