After updating yesterday I noticed that my 4G LE and Wifi are slower, especially the upload.
    This is what I'm getting after the update:
    Not happy with Verizon update.-1383830922618.jpg

Before I was getting 58 down and 11 up. The slow upload cause slower overall response times when using the internet. If I root can I go back to the old radio?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-07-2013 08:30 AM
    Is that your personal Wi-Fi or is it work Wi-fi? Just wondering if perhaps more people or traffic could be causing the slow down, instead of just the update.

I think mine might be slightly slower for the 4G, but will try it at an off hour and see what I get this evening, and I will test my Wi-Fi at lunch.
    11-07-2013 08:48 AM
    Honestly if it's a difference of 1-2 Mbit the can easily be the network you're connected to. You never hit the exact same results every single time... It just doesn't happen. So It differing a tad bit like that isn't that big of a deal.

A big deal would be like 10 or something. I guarantee your Internet is fine... You can't be noticing a slow down for 1-2 Mbit when your still getting 8 Mbit on the upload... That is just the placebo affect since you know it's slightly lower.. You think it's slower and it's not.

8Mbit is ~800 KB/sec upload... That is way faster than needed for many tasks... You do NOT use even 100 on normal tasks such as Internet browser and streaming. Your download is also around ~3.8-4 MB a second... That is ridiculous fast for browsing the Internet and streaming. Again you don't even use anywhere near that when just loading pages and apps...

Check other devices on that Wifi and see what they get... I'd bet they get near the same results.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-07-2013 08:55 AM
    It's not just the speed. When I use to surf or access the internet, or do a speed test it was smooth and steady with a constant speed. Now it is erratic, speed starts high then drops down to very low speeds. This occurs at home, work, or out and about over wifi and 4glte.
    11-07-2013 09:12 AM
    It's not just the speed. When I use to surf or access the internet, or do a speed test it was smooth and steady with a constant speed. Now it is erratic, speed starts high then drops down to very low speeds. This occurs at home, work, or out and about over wifi and 4glte.
    Almost 40 isn't low... But yeah. Again I don't see how you notice it... The only place you would is your speed tests.

When browsing the net you don't even use close to the cap.. Or even 1Mbit for many tasks. But if you're that worried about it you can root, and use different / Older radio versions. I personally wouldn't go through that trouble for 55Mbit versus 40 but that's me I guess .

As I always tell people as well if you care about warranty don't root.. It voids it. I don't mind as I'm rooted.. I just like to always toss out that warning since some don't know it does that.

Harlemknight likes this.
    11-07-2013 09:19 AM
    Almost 40 isn't low... But yeah. Again I don't see how you notice it... The only place you would is your speed tests.

When browsing the net you don't even use close to the cap.. Or even 1Mbit for many tasks. But if you're that worried about it you can root, and use different / Older radio versions. I personally wouldn't go through that trouble for 55Mbit versus 40 but that's me I guess .

As I always tell people as well if you care about warranty don't root.. It voids it. I don't mind as I'm rooted.. I just like to always toss out that warning since some don't know it does that.

Not too concerned about the speed, my concern is because it is so erratic. Look at the series of lines below the the numbers and you will see how erratic it is with the peaks and valleys. Yes the test shows good speed, but it pauses in the valleys which makes it slow.
    11-07-2013 09:47 AM
    I get about 32 on LTE.

But I notice that the sound is significantly louder after the update.
    11-07-2013 11:35 AM
    Is this bad by numbers if so what would be good numbers on vzw lte, I'm at work now around a lot of train cars sure that doesn't help at all, thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails Not happy with Verizon update.-1383843192776.jpg  
    11-07-2013 11:53 AM
    Is this bad by numbers if so what would be good numbers on vzw lte, I'm at work now around a lot of train cars sure that doesn't help at all, thanks for the help!

Depends on what you are use to getting. In a crowded city, Verizon 4GLTE can give low speeds. Have you done speed test before the Note 3? Like in my case, I did test before and after the update.
    11-07-2013 01:28 PM

Part of it is the time of day too. I can have great numbers at night, or before everyone is up, and then it drops off during the day. And I have even had fairly wide range of test run back to back. Sometimes between 5 and 10 mb difference. Your Ping is a little slower too. Try it again tonight going home, or before you connect to your wifi network.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    11-07-2013 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the help!

11-07-2013 05:52 PM
    Methinks thou dost protest too much...

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
    AuburnGrad likes this.
    11-07-2013 08:30 PM
    This is what I have been getting. It has dropped just a little after the update, but still getting good speeds.

Not happy with Verizon update.-screenshots_2013-11-08-14-39-35.jpg

This is what I was getting before the update. I am still good with it though.

Attachment 90772

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Not happy with Verizon update.-screenshots_2013-11-04-09-47-50.jpg  
    11-08-2013 02:43 PM
    Mine have dropped too. Tried repeatedly to match before update speeds from same spot right after update but couldn't do it. I couldn't get the old host either. Odd since my buttons hasn't budged.

Before update

After update

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
    11-09-2013 12:02 PM
    Right, that's what I am talking about. The upload is the worse, which is not good because that's the phone sending data back to the internet. Slows the phone down.
    11-12-2013 09:15 AM
    Here's mine today sitting next to a bunch of train cars in my work van

Attached Thumbnails Not happy with Verizon update.-1384269363907.jpg  
    11-12-2013 10:16 AM
    I see were having problems with the pics on here again!

11-12-2013 10:16 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Not happy with Verizon update.-1384269454892.jpg  
    11-12-2013 10:17 AM
    That is about what I get on LTE at all times over my last few devices (S3,N2,HTC One and N3) I just assumed it was due to the crowded city (Phoenix). It blows my mind seeing any Verizon phone getting over 20 mbps on LTE in any region, I never have gotten over 15 at any time here in Phoenix on any phone with the exception of this smoke area at my other job where I get over 40 on LTE for some reason, but just a few feet away, its back down to 3-5. Weird
    11-12-2013 01:21 PM
    Speeds are about the same, slightly lower on the upload, but not a big deal. 68.55 was the max before the update. 68.42 was the max this morning. Upload max dropped about 1mbps,but not really a big deal.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    11-13-2013 08:51 AM
    Why should we settle for any drop?

11-13-2013 09:49 PM
    Did this update somehow kill samsung smart view? It can't find my tv to connect to it in my wifi network any more.

12-02-2013 08:50 PM
    WiFi over all on this phone is flaky. A lot of apps refuse to work well on 5Ghz on my home network. Work on 2.4 just fine. I get no more than 7mbs upload on wifi. Pretty pathetic considering my max upload is17mbs when testing on the laptop. So far Im not super happy with the Note 3 as being an upgrade to my Note 2. The WiFi being flaky and the battery drain issues are unreal.
    12-02-2013 09:44 PM