Unfortunately The Clock Has Stopped! Error Help

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This morning my alarm never went off, but instead the message Unfortunately The Clock Has Stopped! was displayed on my screen. I then reset the alarm and every time it goes off the clock app hangs. I am sure this is due to some app update from yesterday. I will be uninstalling and re-installing each update from yesterday one by one, but figured I would throw it out to everyone here to see if they had seen this issue. I only woke up about 10 minutes late BTW.... luckily!

Update... Uninstalled hangouts 2.0 and the kit kat keyboard that were both sideloaded. After a reboot everything started working. Going to attempt to recreate the situation to see if it was one of the two apps for sure. I will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This morning my alarm never went off, but instead the message Unfortunately The Clock Has Stopped! was displayed on my screen. I then reset the alarm and every time it goes off the clock app hangs. I am sure this is due to some app update from yesterday. I will be uninstalling and re-installing each update from yesterday one by one, but figured I would throw it out to everyone here to see if they had seen this issue. I only woke up about 10 minutes late BTW.... luckily!

Luckily my wife and I get up at the same time. But this is twice it has not worked. It all started after the update that was suppose to fix the sound controls. When I first went into it, all of my alarms were there, but set to only go off on Wednesday.

I am planning on calling Verizon today to make them aware, or maybe the chat session.

Take the time to do the Chat and make sure they know.

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have not installed the update from Verizon yet. I do have an update available and am currently on build JSS15J.N900VVRUBMI9

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Did your alarms disappear or just change days?

I did the update on wednesday, and that is when most of the alarms defaulted to. Just went into safe mode and set one for 5 minutes out and it worked. I am going to just delete all the alarms and try setting new ones, see how that works.

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
None changed, and they worked yesterday, but this morning they just didn't go off and gave me the error. I haven't had time to diagnose what may have been causing it, but it is working fine now. I even installed the update and it is still working. Research to continue.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
See, and I never got the error that you are talking about. Mine just changed the days to Wednesday. I had one for saturday that stayed. But, it changed and never had any error message.

It treated it like it was normal.

Allen Cox

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
My note 3 is doing the same thing with clock not responding error. It has done it 3 times in last two weeks. I'm having to set a back up alarm because I can't trust the alarm on my phone

f16crewcheif

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My alarm seems to only hang up on me when the phone is on the charging cord at night. I have gotten the not responding message and or have had the alarm not go off as programmed but only when my phone is charging. If the phone is charged up before bed time and I dont plug it in? Everything works as advertised. These issues have been occuring since the day I got the phone. Note: I pre-ordered and received my phone prior to general release so this is an ongoing issue from day one.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, my friggin alarm isn't going off. Also, the time isn't correct either. After I turn the wifi off and on, then the time jumps twenty minutes forward. Regarding the clock, I thought the Nova Launcher might have been causing issues so I uninstalled it. I was having other issues with Nova Launcher, but that's another topic. The alarm works - for now. This is a Samsung issue, right?