Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Gear notifications

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My Gear doesn't notify me on incoming text messages like it used to. Happening to anyone else?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gear notifications

I'll let you know when I buy the Gear on Black Friday. Hopefully it'll be like $200 or under.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

stylebygrace

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. I changed my settings for lock screen options under settings from NONE to SWIPE. Fixed my problem completely. Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After the most recent Gear update, mine did the same. I went into Gear Manager settings and discovered that all notifications other than Gmail were now turned OFF for some reason. I turned them back on and all is again working.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not yet that update was released in UK. Still waiting to get it here

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am a novice at this but a tweaker and keep playing with the phone until I figure something out. I'm sure there's a the work around by one of the experts is on this forum but this is what I have done to make it work:

1. in setting, select Add Account
2. Select the @Email link and put my gmail user name and password in there
3. In the Gear Manager / Notifications I disabled the Gmail link and enable @Email (Thats it)

Now I get all my Gmail on my Gear with a Subject and approx 40 lines of the message (enough to determine if I want to read the rest on my phone)

Now for those that mess with the setting and are not getting anything instantly I have spent relentless hours trying to figure this out. What I have found is that after setting up your watch and Gear Manager just let it sit for about 4 to 8 hours (Usually mush less then that) and it just starts working. I have not idea why it just does. I guess it just needs to simmer :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34