Got my Note 3 a little more than a month ago. It was my first smartphone. I pretty much love just about everything about it, except the S-Voice.

One of the main reasons I wanted a smart phone was to be able to use maps, call, and text while driving and do it all hands free.

I'm having a lot of issues and I want to see if others are experiencing the same, and if there is some solution.

Problem #1: The biggest problem is that while I'm driving and trying to use S-voice hands free, it seems to give up really easily when it comes to calls and texts.
    Example:

Me: "Hi Galaxy....text James"
    Note: "what do you want to text james?"
    Me: "I'll be there in five minutes"
    Note: .....(one minute later, no response, heads back to the S-voice hands free screen)

I repeat this procedure about four times before either I give up or it actually works. The same results happens in other situations too, like trying to call someone and there are similar names in your contacts. It just seems it gives up and I have to restart with the "Hi Galaxy" command.

Problem #2: maybe I'm trying to do text to speech AND I'm using google maps Navigation. As the note is waiting to hear what I have to say, google maps interrupts with a direction and screws it all up

Problem #3: Driving in Hands-free, someone calls, I answer, we talk, both hang up, the call is done, and the phone just goes to sleep. To wake it up I need to actually enter in a code or put in the pattern. Once unlocked I immediately see the hands free screen and it works just fine, but the point of hands free is not having to deal with unlock screens, right?

Problem #4: Today I was using the google maps navigation, and I ended up on the messaging screen. When I was done, I could not figure out how to get back not the maps screen with just voice commands. I used the command "Hi Galaxy" to say open Google maps, because I figured "Show me the map that I was just looking at" or something wasn't a real command. The note says it will open google maps and it does but then a prompt screen opens up and says something like "Do you want to close navigator: Ok or Cancel" and it just stayed on the screen blocking the map.

Are all of these common problems, or is there something wrong with my phone?
    11-10-2013 01:40 AM
    Hello Nate99,

I am sorry to hear that all of these problems are occurring for you.
    Unfortunately these are common behavior patterns when dealing with Hands-Free mode in S-Voice.
    12-20-2013 06:34 PM
    Yes, use Google search/now instead of S-voice

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-23-2013 12:44 AM
    Yes, use Google search/now instead of S-voice
    Am I missing something Google is no better, in fact it is even worse due to the times a menu will come up which requires you to scroll/pick an item.

Near as I can tell hands free is still one generation away.
    06-25-2014 03:57 PM
    I like the S Voice too for Hands Free!
    The one thing that bugs me is the Lag between "Hi Galaxy" and when She answers. Any way to fix that? 😞

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    06-25-2014 06:09 PM