Random reboots since update

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Now on my fifth Note 3, third new battery and third new SIM card. Phone suffers sudden shutdown running stock with only stock apps, power button won't turn it on unless I yank battery, wait 5 minutes, and reinstall. Happens in both Safe and regular modes. Factory resets don't help.

Verizon is clueless. Samsung is clueless. I'm having to yank the battery 5-6 times per day to use it. This is so damn frustrating.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I had similar issues after the update. I did a factory reset last week and it is doing fine except for an nfc alarm that is bugging me to no end but at least it stopped the power off

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably do a factory reset next weekend. I hate having to go through and reload all of my apps and wallpaper and launcher and email and other first world problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I hate that too, that is why I do it as a last resort. Im always tweaking my phone and after resetting I never get it back to the same way I had it before.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I also had zero reboots before the update and it happened after the update. I took the battery out overnight and it has not happened in the few days since. We shall see if it sticks. I have noticed quite a drop in signal strength with the update though.

guated

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me like many people are having issues with Verizons firmware update. I'm on a LG LUCID and didn't have rebooting issues until a September firmware update.

I had to find firmware cab to downgrade it as factory reset didn't work. Then had to use a program to convert the cab, then was able to apply the older stock firmware. Had to root the phone and copy a file I found on the net to stop the phone from autoupdating the firmware again. Unfortunatly the firmware I had to use wasn't just 1 version less than the bad one. It was 2 versions down. There's some small problems that came back, that I had problems with before on this firmware. Screen flashes briefly while typing every so often.

Sorry for the lengthy post, hope this helps others with ideas to fix their phone, with out having to buy batteries, SD cards, new chargers, new phones or anything else that fails to work. Take care!

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had Verizon swap multiple phones, batteries and SIM cards. Finally I've got a combination that is working....no reboots in several days.

Took freaking forever.

stefan_n_bogdan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with samsung s4: random system crash after update to kitkat; did factory reset; now only crashes when I play clash of clans; after uninstalling the game - no more problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc