So I've had the note 3 for about a month. I loved the features but there are many issues that I'm not liking about it. I'm not sure if I got a defective phone or what but it's starting to get annoying. First thing I think o have a battery problem. I charged it top full and once I unplug it it goes down to 98 and then drops every couple of minutes. Then the email problem is what is bugging me the most. I refresh my emails to get new ones. I erase the ones I don't want. Then when I go to refresh again to get more. . The emails I deleted ate back in my box and don't go away. I delete it again and the same thing happens. Another thing is that my sketch app doesn't work. I open it and then couple seconds later it automatically shuts down. Another thing that has happened often is that it freezes and then says unfortunately it stopped working. I love the phone but hate having to deal with all these problems with a new phone

Posted via Android Central App
    11-15-2013 08:28 AM
    So I've had the note 3 for about a month. I loved the features but there are many issues that I'm not liking about it. I'm not sure if I got a defective phone or what but it's starting to get annoying. First thing I think o have a battery problem. I charged it top full and once I unplug it it goes down to 98 and then drops every couple of minutes. Then the email problem is what is bugging me the most. I refresh my emails to get new ones. I erase the ones I don't want. Then when I go to refresh again to get more. . The emails I deleted ate back in my box and don't go away. I delete it again and the same thing happens. Another thing is that my sketch app doesn't work. I open it and then couple seconds later it automatically shuts down. Another thing that has happened often is that it freezes and then says unfortunately it stopped working. I love the phone but hate having to deal with all these problems with a new phone

We need some more details to try and help you with you issues.

Starting with the battery, what do you have the screen set on, and can you take a screen shot of your usage stats? How much battery is left at the end of the day? Moderate or heavy usage?

What email are you using? The Gmail app, or the factory app for yahoo, windows, etc?

Has the scetch app ever worked?
    11-15-2013 09:08 AM
    the screen is always on auto or under the auto brightness. ..I don't like doing that but if it will save my battery then I will. I have a job where I can be in my phone all day. . So I would say I'm a heavy user. Yesterday by 1pm I was down to 30 % so i out it on the charger to charge so I wouldn't go under 20%. That's a normal day. .I usually only have about 30 % when leaving work which is about 3pm. I just user the email system on the phone. I went to settings and added my email accounts I didn't know I could do it another way. Here are the screen shots

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Email problems And so much more-uploadfromtaptalk1384528555514.jpg  
    rrabago likes this.
    11-15-2013 09:16 AM
    Not sure if the sketch app ever worked. After an update I installed a couple days ago I was browsing through my phone. Opened it and it did the force sur down every time. That happened to my camera app when I tried to Record something but after the update that stop but now the sketch thing isn't working.

11-15-2013 09:18 AM
    screenshot

Attached Thumbnails Email problems And so much more-uploadfromtaptalk1384528770226.jpg  
    11-15-2013 09:19 AM
    I have msn(hotmail), yahoo and Gmail set up on my gn3.
    I get alerts of new email without refreshing.
    If I read or delete an email on my phone or desktop it updates automatically. Sounds like you have a few issues.

11-15-2013 11:56 AM
    Where are you in coverage area? If I have good 3g or 4g coverage my battery lasts a lot longer then if I am using the phone with poor coverage or are you on wifi all day? Have you did a battery pull on the phone? I do a battery pull about once a week or so just to keep the clutter out of my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-15-2013 03:55 PM
    I will start with the battery issue. I would try turning off auto brightness and adjusting it lower but where you can comfortably read it.

I have mine turned down and can see it inside or outside in the daylight. Sometimes I have to turn it brighter on a really bright day.

Give it a shot. I think that will make a difference for you.

11-15-2013 08:23 PM
    As for the sketch app. I would go to application manager and turn off sketch. It should uninstall any updates. Then turn it back on and see how that works for you.

Not sure about the email issued.

11-15-2013 08:27 PM
    Just wondering if any of the recommendations helped?
    11-18-2013 03:11 PM
    The sketch app still doesn't work. I uninstalled it and installed it again and it's still doing the same thing. Battery really hasn't improved. Since I got the phone I've always had everything off ( wifi, gps, bluetooth, location services ). Everyone keeps telling me it's bad signal that's draining my battery but I didn't think it would be this bad. And from what I've kept track of its like I have bad signal everywhere.

11-18-2013 10:45 PM
    The sketch app still doesn't work. I uninstalled it and installed it again and it's still doing the same thing. Battery really hasn't improved. Since I got the phone I've always had everything off ( wifi, gps, bluetooth, location services ). Everyone keeps telling me it's bad signal that's draining my battery but I didn't think it would be this bad. And from what I've kept track of its like I have bad signal everywhere.

Where are you located roughly?

How long have you had the phone?

Might want to get with Verizon, could be an issue with your phone, and maybe a new one would fix it.
    11-19-2013 10:56 AM
    I live in ny. Verizon hates me bc I'm constantly in there complaining about something with my phone. They've replaced it once already and also exchanged my battery. Does anyone know If Samsung will do anything?

11-19-2013 12:11 PM
    Weak cell signal will drain your battery. As will (obviously) using it since you say you're on it a lot. We can't do anything about the first, so for the second...

Looks like your screen is pulling a lot of power. Two suggestions - 1. Dim the screen as low as you can tolerate. Dimming the brightness will help tremendously. I have automatic brightness checked, but the level is set well below half, maybe 40%?, and I have no problems seeing it at all. 2. Auto turn off your screen sooner, and make sure your screen goes off during calls. These should help.
    11-19-2013 12:58 PM