Hi, I'm new to Verizon network after being with Sprint for last 8 years...One thing I'm noticing is that I am unable to send/receive MMS text over Wifi. I get message saying "mobile data is turned off. Message will be sent when mobile data is turned on". Am I to assume this is exclusive to Verizon? Did not have this limitation with Sprint. However, my "wifi only" Galaxy tablet using the "Verizon Messages" app can send and receive mms text just fine. Is this the case, or is there something in my settings I need to check?
    11-16-2013 05:14 PM
    Just keep mobile data enabled and it will send. Sprint allowed wifi sending for MMS but Verizon won't.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-16-2013 05:21 PM
    I figured as much. Kind of sucks that my Wifi only Tablet can do what Verizon won't let the phone do.
    11-16-2013 09:26 PM
    Just keep mobile data enabled and it will send. Sprint allowed wifi sending for MMS but Verizon won't.

For the same reason why it doesn't allow email to be sent out through an SMTP server?
    11-17-2013 08:21 PM
    i've never been able to send pics, without data, on any carrier. even though i only had sprint for a month, i dont remember much, but att, tmobie, verizon, cricket, helio, did not allow mms without data, unless i dont remember well, since i have been with verizon since moto droid.
    11-25-2013 10:18 AM
    i've never been able to send pics, without data, on any carrier. even though i only had sprint for a month, i dont remember much, but att, tmobie, verizon, cricket, helio, did not allow mms without data, unless i dont remember well, since i have been with verizon since moto droid.
    Incorrect for T-Mobile now. They allow it due to Wifi calling... Which allows MMS, text, and calls to be done over wifi.

11-25-2013 10:54 AM
    Incorrect for T-Mobile now. They allow it due to Wifi calling... Which allows MMS, text, and calls to be done over wifi.

oh ok, well, i havent had tmo for over 7-8 years, but the rest of my family still does, ill check it out, thanks.
    11-29-2013 06:20 PM
    Wish verizon would get on that wagon as they complain that they need bandwidth. Allowing wifi calls mms etc would conserve verizons bandwidth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    12-01-2013 08:17 AM
    Wish verizon would get on that wagon as they complain that they need bandwidth. Allowing wifi calls mms etc would conserve verizons bandwidth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Now why would they do that when they can simply make money instead of allowing something to be done on/with the phone for "free"?

Posted via Android Central App
    GANote3 likes this.
    12-01-2013 02:09 PM