S-Voice

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I also have an iPhone 5 with att and the one thing I like alot and use alot is Siri. She just flows and works alot better than s-voice does. Is there a better option than s-voice? Maybe a tweak that will make her work better. Something simple like asking"what time do the Knicks play tonight wasn't as smooth and straight forward as Siri would make it.

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Google Now. I asked what time do the the Seakhawks play tomorrow. I got the time, date, who they play (Vikings), what field they're playing at, and station to watch it on. Google Now is pretty awesome. Very accurate voice recognition.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, Google now is significantly better. Every time I have it turned on it destroys my battery though.... Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Google now is the way to go. I wish samsung would default to Google now instead of s-voice. Also Google Now is just the current iteration of Google Voice search which has been around for years. Steve Jobs actually admitted that Goifle voice search was what siri was an imitation of which was nothing new for Apple as Apple has basically taken everything they currently offer from others and repackaged it and then everyone went crazy for it.

Apple has never been an inventor pf anything. They take what is available and spruce it up some and repackage it and sell it. This tablet phase everyone is going through thinks apple invented the tablet, well I was using a touch screen windows tablet in 2002.

Now I will give Jobs props for how he took things and changed them around and got people to think he invented them and people went crazy for them. Since Steves death though and the way he looked at everything for repackaging, the current apple staff has no clue and apple is in a slow death spiral unless they learn how to look at things for repackaging again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way for Google voice search to be activated with the screen off like with s-voice?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I also have an iPhone 5 with att and the one thing I like alot and use alot is Siri. She just flows and works alot better than s-voice does. Is there a better option than s-voice? Maybe a tweak that will make her work better. Something simple like asking"what time do the Knicks play tonight wasn't as smooth and straight forward as Siri would make it.

Google now. No reason to change hardware to use it if you don't need to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. You buy a moto x

Sure, when the Moto X increases it's screen size to become a phablet, adds a removable battery and microSD slot, and S-Pen. Let me know when that happens.

But until then I am looking for how to do it on the note 3.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
s voice wake up command does not work, i have it activated and all, and does not want to work when i say the "hello Galaxy" or what ever the command is, but when i play my podcast through the speaker, it activates 0_o

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane