The Best Note App?

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Good day every one,

This is my first post to this forum and I am desperately seeking a good "Note" App. I am an Quality Auditor I work predominately with MS Word. I Audit Aviation, Space and Defense companies that manufacture parts for those industries. When I am on the manufacturing floor I need to take notes that I can sync with MS Word, or at lease copy and paste into MS word. Writing many pages of notes, I need to be able to quickly find notes within those pages (Work Instructions, Procedures, Specifications etc). The ideal note pad would do the following

1. Change the color of the txt or bold txt on the fly so these key areas jump off the page
2. Convert the notes to MS Word and keep the format, not necessary the txt font or size but the bold txt or color. Bold txt would be sufficient

My handwriting is horrible and I can not find a note app that can convert my hand writing to txt so I have conceded to swipe keys- no biggie I can live with that. I have tried S-Note and although I love the quick font color change on the fly, I cannot convert my hand written notes to MS word or txt. So when I use S-note, I have to print the pages out and retype them into my Word template (defeats the whole purpose).
The best thing i can seem to find at this time is "Style Note" app. it bolds the txt where i need it but when I save it to "Share" as a txt document with dropbox the bold areas are gone. I can still take the data and copy and paste it to MS Word but I sill have to hunt down the key areas of my notes since i lost the bold txt.
I have installed may note apps but just don't like installing and removing a ton of apps off my phone.
Before anyone ask, I have tried to use my Word templates within Office 365, Polaris Office 5 and QuickOffice. Way to much scrolling horizontally back and forth to see what I am typing.

Any help with a good Note or Journal App that will convert to MS Word, or save to where I can copy and paste into Word while maintaining the bold fonts I capture.

Thank you,

RetNavy

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick office is good. There are several others as well. Kingsoft Office, Office Suite, and Think Free Office. All of them sync we with Google Drive as well as with Word, Office, Excel, and PDF 's. I have tried them all and seem to switch between KingSoft Office and Office Suite.

There are free downloads for all of the so just try them out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Open office is another good one. Its basically an open source microsoft office. I use it on all my pcs and on my note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Do you know if Kingsoft has a premium service, or the free one has all the features? I had tried it way before, hadnt liked it, but I tried it again after reading here. I like it now, but still havent a clue how to cloud print from kings. Anyway, please let me know if kingsoft has a paid app or n not.
thanks

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Office Suites on my Xoom and I like it a lot.

I ended up using Kingsoft Office, it has great functionality . Its does everything I need and I have improved my skills with swipe keys. thank you all for your feedback.

Posted via Android Central App

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I use OneNote for everything. I keep track pf projects, write work instructions, even keep drawings in it. I like the way it syncs across all my devices, and my notes are available and editable via a web browser window. Good formatting abilities too. Give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro