Average RAM usage

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
After closing any open apps and clearing memory, what are you guys averaging for RAM in use vs available? Also, I thought the N3 had 3gb of RAM... My device shows 2.38 available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
2.38 is whats available

I've got most of the junk disabled and when I use the built in Task manager to clear the ram it usually ends up at about 700MB then will settle out around 1.2-1.3GB on mine

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After closing any open apps and clearing memory, what are you guys averaging for RAM in use vs available? Also, I thought the N3 had 3gb of RAM... My device shows 2.38 available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It only shows 2.38 because the system is reserving some for itself and doesn't allow it to be used.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
2.38 is whats available

I've got most of the junk disabled and when I use the built in Task manager to clear the ram it usually ends up at about 700MB then will settle out around 1.2-1.3GB on mine

Would you mind sharing what you've disabled?

I've turned off:
ANT Radio Service
ANT+ Plugins
Audible
BlurbCheckout
Caller Name ID
IMDb
My Verizon Mobile
NFL Mobile
POLARIS Office 5
Verizon Mobile Security
Verizon Tones
VZ Navigator

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I freeze with Titanium Backup

AllShare Cast Dongle S/W update
ANT Hal service
ANT Radio Service
ANT+ Plugins
Audible
Backup Assistant Plus 2.0
BlurbCheckout
Calendar Storage 4.3
Calendar Widget 1.0
Caller Name ID
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation 1.0
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager 1.0
ELM Agent 1.0
Google Play Magazines
Help 1.0
HP Print service Plugin
IMDb
InteractiveKeyguardTutorial 1.0
KLMS Agent 1.0
KNOX 1.0
Knox Notification Manager 1.0
Knox Store 1,0
LocalFOTA v2_1308_1_1
Mobeam service application
Mobile Print 3.0
Mobile Print Svc_Cups
MobilePrintSvc_Cups_backend
Music 6.0.1
My Verizon Mobile
NFL Mobile
PageBuddyNotiSvc 1.0
POLARIS Office 5
S Finder
S Health
S Translator
S Voice
Samsung Hub
Samsung WatchOn
SDM 1.0
Slacker
Sync Service
Travel Wallpaper
Trip Advisor
Verizon Location Agent
Verizon Mobile Security
Yahoo Finance
Verizon Tones
Voicemail
VZ Navigator

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Android is designed to efficiently use memory. It does not work as other operating systems do. It loads programs into memory that are frequently used or what it believes it will most likely need. If you kill a program in android and it belives it needs it, it will reload it shortly. Also android unloads programs which it no longer needs. With android it really works opposite of how older os worked. The more apps are loaded the more efficient it operates.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled that. No more my magazine anywhere for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Good luck taking an OTA then if you ever wanted to.. the updater script will fail when it sees the apps uninstalled that's why I dont get rid of the system apps and just freeze or work around them if I ever to want to take an update.. youll either have to reinstall the app or odin back to stock.. if you wanted the update thats why I like android.. choices

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Note 3 this weekend and it updated right out of the box, via the VZW representative... So is there a viable method available for rooting the Note 3 with the MJ7 build? I saw this thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3/333301-verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3-mj7-update-root.html and towards the end someone recommends Kingo but I've read some pretty nasty things about that method. (Namely, sending your IMEI number to China, and its malware.) If I've got to wait a bit that's cool too I know eventually the community will come through. Also I really don't care about flashing custom ROMS I just would love to be able to freeze that crapware thats robbing my phone of RAM. Don't get me wrong, this phone is still a beast. I haven't noticed anything slow about it.