Issues with the ringtones on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

kimberley_r_gray

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the ringer being turned back on automatically for you? As soon as a text or phone call, email or anything else is coming through my settings are changed on my phone from vibrate to some tone. It's driving me crazy, I also have this on battery saver mode and it keeps unchecking that box too! Any suggestions?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
my husband often toggles mute on his phone on accident, on the notification screen. i know my mother has had the same issue, however in her case i know she ends up gripping the phone up high and hitting the volume button. not sure what the answer is about battery saver mode chandging, i don't use it and haven't heard of anyone else having a problem.....they using the phone without the battery saving mode and see if your battery still hangs in there.

kimberley_r_gray

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, it's actually happening while the phone will be sitting in my hand, on the table, in my purse, and two nights ago it woke me out of a dead sleep because someone posted on my Facebook. I always turn the phone to mute at night, funny enough I got up turned it back off and laI'd back down and an hour later it went off again! I started to think I had a ghost messing with me.

ncmailman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kimberly, you might try using blocking mode. It stops all notifications, calls, etc., except the ones you WANT to get through, and you can set the times for example 10p to 6am. Not even that annoying blinking light in a dark room lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kimberly, you might try using blocking mode. It stops all notifications, calls, etc., except the ones you WANT to get through, and you can set the times for example 10p to 6am. Not even that annoying blinking light in a dark room lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

So Verizon no longer removes the ability to use the "blocking mode" from the Note 3? I know that Verizon removed the functionality from the Note 2 when the phone was first released. It actually caused me to go with ATT's Note 2 version since it is a feature I wanted to use and something I use frequently at this time. Thanks.

gdcwilliston

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the ringer being turned back on automatically for you? As soon as a text or phone call, email or anything else is coming through my settings are changed on my phone from vibrate to some tone. It's driving me crazy, I also have this on battery saver mode and it keeps unchecking that box too! Any suggestions?

I'm having the same issues. I get SOME calls with a ringtone and others none. It will switch my button from ringer to vibrate only on it's own. I called Samsung and they have no repair. I called verizon and no repair. So I get some calls with a ringtone and others without. Glad I just got this cool new phone.... NOT.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it still stands or not but at one point the problem with the ringtones not sounding when you got a phone call was being contributed to some kind of glitch with Samsung. My S3 had the problem and 4 replacement s3's had problem and two Note 2's had the problem. It had to do with the increasing ringtone in these phones. Then I found more information that the Bluetooth being on is what caused the problem.

I installed an app called disable increasing ringtone and that helped. It didn't help 100 percent but there was a noticeable improvement.

I also suspected some other app was either causing or contributing to the problem. I did at least 4 factory reset using the Restore feature in my backup and still had the problem. The final factory reset I installed all apps from scratch and this helped noticeably.

I have not installed the disable increasing ringtone app on my note 3 and my bluetooth is on 100 percent of the time and so far I have not experienced the problem.

Deb from my Note 3

gdcwilliston

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a Certified replacement and it's doing the same thing.... So I talked to a guy at customer service and they are sending out a "NEW" phone. And when I get it he wants to be the one to go through the set up with me so we can figure out what may be creating this issue now on TWO phones.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If u can please post the setup process he walks u thru. You can tell him it's NOT just YOUR phone. My Note 3 is now doing this same aggravating thing. So that's 6-7 Samsung phones for someone else on Verizon.

Deb from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke