When Will Verizon Note 3 Phones get 4.4

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: When Will Note 3 Verizon Phones get 4.4

Will Kit Kat enable those of us who root the ability to get Google Wallet? I thought I heard that somewhere....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Will Kit Kat enable those of us who root the ability to get Google Wallet? I thought I heard that somewhere....

Does google wallet not work on the note3? That's a disappointment. I was looking forward to that.

Posted via Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Technically speaking yes it should work as with kitkat Google wallet uses a different security type that Verizon cannot block

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

... updated to 4.4 from 4.3 and they had a lot of issues with paid apps not being compatible.... I am not that familiar with paid apps but now have a couple. Do we have to purchase the apps again?

We hear this over and over in one form or another from one upgrade to another. This is not the case at all. It is very possible that some app maker will offer you a paid version of the app and there is some slight odd reason that one app won't carry over from one upgrade to the next and that app dev doesn't fix it. But, this is a very very very very small percentage of the apps out there.

The reality of this, if you buy an app, with all likelihood they are trying to still sell those same apps. They will update them to work forward and backward compatible. If you spent .99 cents on an app or even 15 bucks on an app you own it for life. A subscription based app is different though, but all subscriptions in everything are a time period.

The bottom line is, you will not buy the same app again, ever. Some companies will release a new app of the same thing and make you buy that to move forward, but that's their lousy choice. Almost everything is upgraded to the latest android version before your phone will be.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Take this with a grain of salt, but this was posted today on the main Note 3 forum.

"Looks like it's getting pushed out now....just got notification on my phone.

SM-N900V"

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Well, just putting that out there. I haven't seen any other confirmations so I'm not holding my breath. I'm rooted and using FoxFi for hotspot, so I have to wait until FoxFi, and or the permissions hack get sorted out after the update so I'm not in a huge hurry to update.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I won't believe anyone who says it's being pushed unless they post a screen cap.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Samsung JUST announced today that the rollouts for US devices will begin today, but of course that also relies on the carriers as well. So while people are quick to blame Verizon atm Samsung hasn't been to quick either.

Big Red Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I find it kind of silly people are saying Verizon has no reason to push 4.4 to the Note 3 when the pushed it to the Droid line already, and just pushed it to the HTC One (My wife got it last night). Why would they not push it to phones that are more popular in general than the Droid line and especially the HTC One? The answer is again, Samsung just announced (today right?) that US versions of their phones will begin getting updates today.

BigMcGuire

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Impatiently checking for updates ! I just got my Verizon Note 3 3 days ago. Coming from a 4.4 Moto X and a 4.4.2 Nexus 7..... I miss 4.4 and look forward to it on my Note 3 - best phone I've ever had. I too have seen the Samsung 4.4 news.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Impatiently checking for updates ! I just got my Verizon Note 3 3 days ago. Coming from a 4.4 Moto X and a 4.4.2 Nexus 7..... I miss 4.4 and look forward to it on my Note 3 - best phone I've ever had. I too have seen the Samsung 4.4 news.

What is it that you miss about 4.4?

ToProduce

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

You can actually turn that off in the wifi settings so it will never tell you. Really basic.

Posted via Android Central App

MACLuvr4Life

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Apparently Verizon have their head up there asses and have no clue about this update coming. You would think with all the damn money they have they would atleast know something!!

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I checked for updates earlier and it showed an update was available and it got to 18% but my Wi-Fi dropped now it just says up to date. I've tried clearing Google Services Framework and resetting my phone but it still says up to date.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com

I agree. Sprint just started getting the update today. I would have to think that Verizon and AT&T will soon be pushing updates as well. I'm not convinced that this 6 month old device is abandond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21