When Will Verizon Note 3 Phones get 4.4

MACLuvr4Life

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: When Will Note 3 Verizon Phones get 4.4

The Note 3 is probly their best high end device and yet we are getting delays with the software update! I don't know who is more at fault right now.. Samsung or Verizon. Sprint has probly the most ****ty service and their the first U.S. carrier to get the software update. Come the **** on Verizon!

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Guys Samsung literally announced the update 3 days ago. If Sprint is already pushing the update out then good for them. But as an X Sprint customer I know for a fact that when they push out updates that fast it's glitchy or bricks the phone, and then needs multiple updates to fix. Again, it's been 3 days since it has been available.

Big Red Note 3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Guys Samsung literally announced the update 3 days ago. If Sprint is already pushing the update out then good for them. But as an X Sprint customer I know for a fact that when they push out updates that fast it's glitchy or bricks the phone, and then needs multiple updates to fix. Again, it's been 3 days since it has been available.

Big Red Note 3

I would prefer VZW beta tests before pushing an update down our throats. Personally, I think all updates should be optional and I would seldom accept one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Big Red Note 3

It hasn't been three days. Samsung has had the update since it was released in November by Google. Yes Samsung released a list of devices to receive the software but it has been in testing for months. So I will say just because an update is out fast doesn't mean it is full of bugs prime example being the Moto X which got the update in I believe it was under a week with no bugs so Id say no reason what so ever why Verizon cannot push out the update just as fast its just the fact that Verizon doesn't really care.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget that after Google releases it, Samsung has to test it (and perhaps fix or augment TouchWiz integration), then Samsung will release it to carriers who also have to rebuild a new image (including any customizations, removing features, adding bloatware, etc) and test both the full build a well as the upgrade package. And, I'd prefer an image that doesn't brick my phone etc, which all takes time. I don't think they don't care, it's just that those engineers probably aren't working weekends on this is my guess.

Posted via Android Central App

MACLuvr4Life

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Ok now i'm even more frustrated. I talked to a verizon cust. rep. and she said the next update is december 2014??? WTF???

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Ok now i'm even more frustrated. I talked to a verizon cust. rep. and she said the next update is december 2014??? WTF???

Dont believe anything the reps say, they are usually clueless.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't been three days. Samsung has had the update since it was released in November by Google. Yes Samsung released a list of devices to receive the software but it has been in testing for months. So I will say just because an update is out fast doesn't mean it is full of bugs prime example being the Moto X which got the update in I believe it was under a week with no bugs so Id say no reason what so ever why Verizon cannot push out the update just as fast its just the fact that Verizon doesn't really care.

You are misreading what I am saying, when I typed that Samsung had just announced that the roll out of KitKat was going to be available to U.S. carrier versions of certain phones. I know KitKat has been out since November, but Samsung just announced it's availability.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
People who post here know more about updates than reps do.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

That is not accurate lol. Depends on who you talk too lol. Remember when you call in you can get the 3rd party call centers, who are not nearly as trained as the actually Verizon employed call centers, or the reps in stores. The roll out with Verizon will be happening soon, since they already have the Moto X, HTC One and the Droid line on 4.4.2, they don't have to do a whole lot of testing.

A lot of the information you see on these forums is coming from people that have some kind of access to information that is being leaked by people inside of the company. Without hacking their systems, there is no way they can know more about the updates. Now regular customer service reps aren't trained to know that stuff really either, and really on just looking it up. What bothers me is when they guess, instead of just saying "We have no official word yet or any other information."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is not accurate lol. Depends on who you talk too lol. Remember when you call in you can get the 3rd party call centers, who are not nearly as trained as the actually Verizon employed call centers, or the reps in stores. The roll out with Verizon will be happening soon, since they already have the Moto X, HTC One and the Droid line on 4.4.2, they don't have to do a whole lot of testing.

A lot of the information you see on these forums is coming from people that have some kind of access to information that is being leaked by people inside of the company. Without hacking their systems, there is no way they can know more about the updates. Now regular customer service reps aren't trained to know that stuff really either, and really on just looking it up. What bothers me is when they guess, instead of just saying "We have no official word yet or any other information."

I agree. I hate when reps give false information since they are guessing instead of just being truthful saying we haven't been told an official date.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
How much money will Verizon make releasing a major OS update for current Note 3 owners? $0
How much will it cost them to create and test and support an update? $Millions?
What does Verizon care more about...money or currency of software OS on phones? Figure it out.

I think we will eventually get 4.4 but likely last in line. They have no incentive to hurry.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
How much money will Verizon make releasing a major OS update for current Note 3 owners? $0
How much will it cost them to create and test and support an update? $Millions?
What does Verizon care more about...money or currency of software OS on phones? Figure it out.

I think we will eventually get 4.4 but likely last in line. They have no incentive to hurry.

So they push it out to the HTC One which was not nearly as popular on their network, and roll it out on the Droid line as well, but won't on the best selling line of Android phones in the Samsung? They have already tested KitKat. They just have to review Samsung's version and push it out. It won't be long.

Big Red Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae