When Will Verizon Note 3 Phones get 4.4

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Some friends were telling me many of their Android phones (not Note 3) had updated to 4.4 from 4.3 and they had a lot of issues with paid apps not being compatible. Has anyone made a guess of when Verizon might switch our Note 3s over to 4.4 from 4.3? If and when that happens how do we go about getting updated apps (when the developers get them compatible again)? I am not that familiar with paid apps but now have a couple. Do we have to purchase the apps again?

Last edited by a moderator:

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: When Will Note 3 Verizon Phones get 4.4

Nothing definite at this time. One rumor out there is pointing to January being the month that Samsung and Verizon push it.

If and when that happens if any of your apps are not optimized for 4.4 you have to wait on the developer to push the update and when that happens you'll see the update under my apps in the playstore.

By January though most developers would have made their apps 4.4 optimized so I wouldn't really worry.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The note 3 will most likely get 4.4. You do not need to buy apps again.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Aren't the already several other threads on this?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

The Note 3 won't get 4.4 from Verizon for a long time, if ever. What is Verizons incentive to do so? None....so they won't be in a hurry to offer it if ever.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

They will. Eventually. At this point kit Kat isn't really a monumental upgrade anyway. They stripped a lot from the non nexus versions

Posted via Android Central App

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Verizon put a modified version of 4.3 onto the N3....they hacked Knox. No way are they going to offer 4.4 without modifying that also, and again....what is their incentive to do so? There's no profit motive so they wont.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

While runamuck cannot speak for Verizon, they are historically one of the slower carriers to push out updates, and historically clamp down on a lot of features (Knox being a recent example).

Early 2014 was a rumored timeframe, but there is nothing concrete as yet. If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, like everyone else's, I'd say the Note 3 will get it, probably later than Jan 2014.

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Verizon put a modified version of 4.3 onto the N3....they hacked Knox. No way are they going to offer 4.4 without modifying that also, and again....what is their incentive to do so? There's no profit motive so they wont.

There's a HUGE profit motive for them to do so! The N3 is a new device, and any user who is in the demographic to buy the N3 is most likely keenly aware of which version of Android is the latest. To sell a brand new high-end device with a "older" version of the OS is not putting your best foot forward. I think the Verizon and the other carriers know that...

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Verizon loads up the Note 3 with bloat ware and kills Knox. And still, the unit sells. Android users aren't that discerning. Bigger screen and fancy specs fools the majority everytime. OS doesn't matter....and to anyone that did concern themselves with it sporting an outdated OS, they'll just root and rom anyways.

No reason for Verizon to worry about updating it. The average customer won't care.

sheaviousdroid

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Verizon loads up the Note 3 with bloat ware and kills Knox. And still, the unit sells. Android users aren't that discerning. Bigger screen and fancy specs fools the majority everytime. OS doesn't matter....and to anyone that did concern themselves with it sporting an outdated OS, they'll just root and rom anyways.

No reason for Verizon to worry about updating it. The average customer won't care.

I care cuz I'm not the average droid supporter

GALAXY NOTE 3! NUFF SAID!
death to iphone

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I heard 4.4 update is set for 1st quarter of 2014 maybe as soon as January

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Keep in mind this IS Verizon we are dealing with. Just because the French carrier SFR says January/February does not mean the US will see it by then. On Verizon I would suspect more like April IF we are lucky. They drag their feet on everything, first to announce, last to ship.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

A lot of Motorola devices are already on or about to get 4.4 on Verizon. Granted Samsung devices are just getting 4.3. It seems the capability is there they just pick and choose what. If Motorola keeps this up along with releasing pretty nice devices, if they ever release one near the size on the note the note 3 will be the last Samsung phone I own.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

A lot of Motorola devices are already on or about to get 4.4 on Verizon. Granted Samsung devices are just getting 4.3. It seems the capability is there they just pick and choose what. If Motorola keeps this up along with releasing pretty nice devices, if they ever release one near the size on the note the note 3 will be the last Samsung phone I own.

I think I might follow be following suit, if Motorola made a phone comparable to the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

lowchef1

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

i once remembering somewhere we were due for end of january...now its february so my guess is any day now..and seeing all these other verizon phones getting the update makes me believe we re next.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Is kit kat suppose to fix the wifi bug? I am so sick of seeing the message that my wifi is unstable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app