Galaxy Note 3 bluetooth compatibility with Chevy MyLink system

Kevin Winslow

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I just bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado with the MyLink system. I currently use an iPhone 4s with the system to make and receive phone calls and stream music via bluetooth. Finding myself constantly playing around so often with my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy SII I've decided to ditch the iPhone for an Android. I'm looking at the Note 3 but I don't want to get it if it doesn't work with my MyLink system.

Anybody have any feedback on bluetooth compatibility with infotainment systems? Particularly 2014 Chevy MyLink?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It works well. I had a 2014 Spark rental and it found it with ease. Also worked with my music and pandora. Didn't try any other apps. Only had the car for a weekend. And calls were easy to make.

Posted via Android Central App

Kevin Winslow

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
It works well. I had a 2014 Spark rental and it found it with ease. Also worked with my music and pandora. Didn't try any other apps. Only had the car for a weekend. And calls were easy to make.

Thanks, that's encouraging. My only concern is that I don't think that what's in the Spark is the exact same radio that's in my Silverado, nonetheless that's good to hear.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Might not be the exact same. But the systems are all the same base. For what it's worth. My Spark had a 7 inch or so digital screen. Only buttons were power, volume, home.

safetytx

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I just bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado with the MyLink system. I currently use an iPhone 4s with the system to make and receive phone calls and stream music via bluetooth. Finding myself constantly playing around so often with my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy SII I've decided to ditch the iPhone for an Android. I'm looking at the Note 3 but I don't want to get it if it doesn't work with my MyLink system.

Anybody have any feedback on bluetooth compatibility with infotainment systems? Particularly 2014 Chevy MyLink?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I own a 2014 Silverado and I have no problems syncing and using with MyLink

NEMESIS2K5

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Chevy Cruize 2013 and the MyLink system pairs well with my Galaxy S3, and can play music. However, when I try searching for music via the MyLink system it searches for a particular folder. Does anyone know which folder that is?

Hopefully it is not limited to the device storage because the benefit of Samsung phones is the removable media/storage. You can put a 64 GB micro SD card in a Samsung phone and store all your music on that external storage.

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 Camaro and it pairs beautifully!! Works like a charm. Also download the OnStar app if your truck is subscribed. Great app! Can unlock, lock and start your truck from your phone. Also lets you keep track of oil, they pressure, gas etc 😉

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014 Equinox and it also pairs beautifully with my N3. I don't have to search for a particular folder, it just streams my music without a problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tyra Taylor

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a 2014 Chevy equinox back I'm February 2014 and immediately coo extra my Note 3 to it with no problems, well within the last month I have had issues where the my link system freezes (no picture, could not change any channels or power off the system) and was told by GM to take it to a dealer. Dealer told me (have in writing) that GM told that my Note 3 I'd not compatible with my car and that is why I am experiencing issues. Then a GM rep told me that it is not the phone but the system itself. I am going back and forth with the dealer and GM now.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, anyone own/rent a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid? Are you able to sync your phone w/o issues? my first N3 (i had to exchange for a new one) froze after linking w/my Fusion for only a day. Is there an app i can use to link w/the Fusion if stock app isn't compatible?

Appreciate your help :)

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 3 bluetooth compatibility with Toyota FJ Cruiser

I know this may be off vehicle topic but I have found that for my FJ cruiser I can pair my Note3 for audio streaming but not phone calls at all. I even deleted the audio streaming profile but it still does not connect for phone connection.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.