I am hearing there is a difference between the bootloader being unlocked and the phone being rooted. I have read lately that the N3 root is now available. I am waiting for a backordered N3 developers edition but wonder if it is much different now that root is here for the standard N3. I am a Verizon Unlimited Data customer so I have to pay full price for either one. Will a developer edition allow me to remove bloatware when the standard version may not? Thanks guys. I am not new to computers, just new to advanced android use such as rooting and roms. I purchased titanium backup a few years ago to find out I had to be rooted to use it, I would like to be able to use it in the future.
    11-27-2013 04:28 AM
    For those interested in ordering a Verizon Note 3 Developer Edition, here is Samsung's link.

Galaxy Note 3 Android Smartphone in Gray from Verizon - 4G & S Pen | Samsung
    11-28-2013 04:14 PM
    For those interested in ordering a Verizon Note 3 Developer Edition, here is Samsung's link.

Galaxy Note 3 Android Smartphone in Gray from Verizon - 4G & S Pen | Samsung

So does this have an unlocked boot loader? If so, are there custom ROMs?

It looks like it is on back order, any idea when it will be available?
    11-29-2013 02:27 PM
    I got an email saying 14 days but it also says if it is going to take longer they will email you.
    11-29-2013 03:22 PM
    I got an email saying 14 days but it also says if it is going to take longer they will email you.
    Thanks, it has an unlocked bootloader, correct? And that means you can get rid of touchwiz and install a custom ROM if there are any, correct?
    11-29-2013 03:30 PM
    Thanks, it has an unlocked bootloader, correct? And that means you can get rid of touchwiz and install a custom ROM if there are any, correct?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release: Developers Edition Has Released And Is Selling Well

I am reading that the developer edition will have an unlocked bootloader, and knox installed stock. It will sell for around $700. I am on an unlimited plan so I have to pay full price anyway. Up until a few days ago many sites list full price as $800, Verizon just dropped the full price to $700. I will pay the extra $100 for the unlocked bootloader to give me a few extra options. It will be my first phone in a while, and I will eventually work up the courage to start playing with fire and try a few different roms. I got a reservation or one, but I will not wait forever for it to be in stock.
    12-01-2013 09:20 AM