Hyperion Extended Battery, Hyperion case cover & SPIGEN glass Screen Protector

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a review of 3 products, that work well together.

First, the Hyperion extended 6400mah battery and cover. The battery is fantastic. The back-case that they provide is rather poor - but, they have a solution. The standard replacement back cover is shiny black or white - slippery and it records every fingerprint. But, they now have a case cover, which is rubberized and protects the edges of the phone with a VERY think rubber/plastic cover. The battery is about $34 and the case is $10. Here's a picture of the phone with and without the case cover:

hyperion2.jpg

Hyperion1.jpg

As you can see, the case cover has a texture to it. It has a rubbery-feel to it, so it doesn't slide around in your hand. It covers the edges and front of the phone, even with the glass screen protector, that I describe below.

The battery adds a bit extra heft to the phone, but, I actually prefer a phone that's a little thicker - and with this battery, I can't ever imagine running out of battery. With a lot of use, I've NEVER been below 50% battery life in the month that I've had this battery.

The other item I wanted to mention is the SPIGEN Screen Protector Glass [GLAS.tR SLIM] Rounded Edges Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I will NEVER go back to plastic screen protectors. This is a very thin glass screen protector. I've had it for about 2 weeks now, and have no problem with the pen (which I don't use very often) or the touch sensitivity. It is extremely clear - clearer than any of the high-end plastic screen protectors that I've used, and it doesn't attract finger prints. It also doesn't scratch very easily. 2-weeks isn't a very long time, but I've had no scratches thus far. It comes with 3 colored button-extenders - one white, one black and one yellow. I found the button extenders to be too high, so I took a razor blade and leveled mine off to the height of the glass - that way the button doesn't get pressed by accident while the phone isn't being used.
Hope this is useful info.

bert

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I know you posted this a while back, but great review. I'm thinking of getting this too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the hyperion battery when I know I'll be a long time between charges or if I am traveling. Day-to-day, when I normally charge the phone at my desk, I use the stock battery. It's nice to know you won't run out!

bert

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
this is awesome i didn't know there were battery options like this. How do i save this thread so i can easily find it in the future to buy the battery and stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12