Finally managed to get away from Sprint and their horrid network. Much happier so far with Verizon (been less than a day, but happy so far!). I was reading about rooting, and there the only method I've found that works well is the De La Vega, but the link to download the file is broken, and the thread is closed. The Kingo and vroot methods are no go because people say they are malicious. What's the best way to go about rooting?
    11-29-2013 11:36 PM
    Kingo is not exactly malicious, it can transmit info to servers in China, but if as soon as you root, you imstall with superuser it will be fine; however you may want to wait a little while before rooting because some phones have a couple issues that appear 2-3 weeks after purchasing, like an nfc alarm that just starts going off, you will want the warranty for that. If you root and blow the efuse, knox will be tripped and your warranty will be voided.

After the latest update to MJ7 kingo for now is the only root method available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-30-2013 12:49 AM
    There's no workaround for Knox? It sucks that Samsung doesn't want us to delete their crap bloatware...
    12-01-2013 12:17 AM
    Knox was mainly developed so that Samsung could start marketing there phones toward government and businesses that need more security. The warranty thing with knox is just a side benefit for Samsung! The Knox system is designed so that samsung can start luring away the gov/business Blackberry customers. This is a huge market.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    pre1561 likes this.
    12-01-2013 04:32 PM