Verizon Moto X Dev Ed vs. Verizon GNote 3 Dev Ed

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am deciding between the Verizon Moto X Dev Ed and the Verizon GNote 3 Dev Ed. I can get the Moto X for $350 on Monday but the GNote 3 will be double the price at $700. A savings of $350 is not insignificant to me but at the same time, if the benefits of the GNote 3 are worth it, then I will pay it.

I realize this is the GNote 3 forum, but I am looking for pros and cons and assume that many of you have thought about both devices and chose the GNote 3 for various reasons. If you can, please help me decide based on issues such as battery life, screen, call quality, developer support, hardware, cost, etc.

Many thanks to all who respond!!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a note 3, but I would get a Moto x dev edition. The savings are unreal. Besides, some American manufacturing with the moto x, total win right there. Unless you need a big battery, 1080p huge screen, ability two run two apps at the same time, the ability to sign documents from your phone, need a stylus, I would get the moto x.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3, but I would get a Moto x dev edition. The savings are unreal. Besides, some American manufacturing with the moto x, total win right there. Unless you need a big battery, 1080p huge screen, ability two run two apps at the same time, the ability to sign documents from your phone, need a stylus, I would get the moto x.

How are the Moto radios compared to the GNote 3? I have a GNex and the dropped calls, constant switching between 4G LTE and 3G drives me nuts!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How are the Moto radios compared to the GNote 3? I have a GNex and the dropped calls, constant switching between 4G LTE and 3G drives me nuts!

Moto radios are always the best. The note 3 is not bad though, I live at the end of a tower and I can get another 15 feet or so of reception off a Moto radio.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon and I think I am going with the Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the GNote 3 is a fantastic phablet. The screen is just Wow and I could read it without my glasses on. I loved it. But I am a petite female and my hands are just too small to hold it comfortably.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Moto radios are always the best. The note 3 is not bad though, I live at the end of a tower and I can get another 15 feet or so of reception off a Moto radio.
In the Verizon store, the GNote 3 was getting a better 4G LTE signal than the Moto X although they were in different parts of the store so that could have accounted for it as the GNote 3 was closer to the windows and exterior wall.

Meanwhile, my GNex couldn't even hold onto a 4G LTE signal and was getting only a 3G signal no matter where in the store I was :(

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The GNex was the worst device made. I want a Moto x so bad, but I do a ton of reading so for now the note 3 hits that sweet spot. Enjoy the x, great phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol