Placing only often used shortcuts on pages? App organization?

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My rezound allowed me to press the "all apps" key and every app that was on the phone appeared in a list in alphabetical order. If I wanted to move a shortcut to one that I use often I simply press and hold the app shortcut and drag it to one of the several screens available to flip around. This was great because I have many apps that I want to keep but don't use often enough to clutter up my screen space. I have been downloading several apps I want on the phone and the Note 3 seems to put a shortcut to every app on the front pages and it is getting very cluttered. I also use to be able to press and hold the app shortcut and drag it to the delete trash can and it only deleted the shortcut. On the Note 3 it asks me if I am sure I want to uninstall the app. Is there a setting in the phone that allows me to do it the way my old phone worked? It seemed to make it much easier to keep the phone clean and organized.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to do everything you want to...

Open the Google Play app, tap Menu, Settings. Uncheck Auto-add widgets. That will stop your automatic wigets going forward.

Tap the Home button twice. This will take you from wherever you are to your home screen. Long press each widget/app shortcut you want to delete from your screen. This will let you just delete the widget/shortcut, not uninstall the app.

Tap your app drawer icon, Menu. You should have an option to sort alphabetically, use smaller icons, list, etc. (Sorry, doing all this from memory, I use Nova Launcher.)

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I download apps and immediately drag them to trash can to remove shortcut. I press and hold app to place them on my home screen or app folder/drawer on my home screen. Not sure why it's asking you if permission to uninstall unless you are doing it with app and not the shortcut.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7