Connection issues using wifi direct on note 3

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
:mad:I previously Had a Note 2 and a Verizon wireless G router and I was able to connect my phone and Samsung TV using wifi direct. I know have the Note 3 and Verizon upgraded me to their wireless n router. Security is set at WPA2 on the router. I can set up my devices on my phone such as my tv and other wifi connected devices but I am not able to connect to my TV. It searches and eventually times out. I have a strong suspicion it has something to do with the WPA2 setting instead of WEP. My wife has a Galaxy S3 and my daughter has the S4. I also have the Note 10.1 2014 and none of these devices will connect to my Samsung TV. Prior to the router upgrade we were able to connect using wifi direct. Any suggestions on this issue would be appreciated. I contacted Samsung and Verizon and they were no help.

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
:mad:I previously Had a Note 2 and a Verizon wireless G router and I was able to connect my phone and Samsung TV using wifi direct. I know have the Note 3 and Verizon upgraded me to their wireless n router. Security is set at WPA2 on the router. I can set up my devices on my phone such as my tv and other wifi connected devices but I am not able to connect to my TV. It searches and eventually times out. I have a strong suspicion it has something to do with the WPA2 setting instead of WEP. My wife has a Galaxy S3 and my daughter has the S4. I also have the Note 10.1 2014 and none of these devices will connect to my Samsung TV. Prior to the router upgrade we were able to connect using wifi direct. Any suggestions on this issue would be appreciated. I contacted Samsung and Verizon and they were no help.
UPDATE
I tried setting the router back to WEP and I still cannot connect my devices using wifi direct or DLNA. Does anyone know what could be the issue??

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

milisivana

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I dunno what the issue is, but I keep getting weak wifi signal and my Wifi will disconnect from my phone. Doesn't happen with my laptops or tablet(s) just the Note3. I could be right next to the G Router too. Kinda frustrating cause I'm not always looking at the phone and don't know at first if I've been disconnected and next thing I know I'm using up Data ARG!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21