Verizon now showing another OTA update available?

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It is mostly to put some bloatware on the phone with some bug fixes mixed in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My 4G has been crippled by this update.
a8u5ugeg.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I do not think you can tell it to ignore always especially since Verizon is loading bloatware to attempt to get you to increase how much you pay them. We are a captive audience for their advertising. At least it appears you can turn off most of the new bloat ware on this update.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My 4G has been crippled by this update.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/a8u5ugeg.jpg

Very strange. Mine actually got significantly FASTER after this update. Like 2X faster.

But more than likely, my speed increase and your decrease has nothing to do with the update and everything to do with our geographic location, proximity to a tower and total saturation of other users on that same tower at the instant you ran the speed test.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very strange. Mine actually got significantly FASTER after this update. Like 2X faster.

But more than likely, my speed increase and your decrease has nothing to do with the update and everything to do with our geographic location, proximity to a tower and total saturation of other users on that same tower at the instant you ran the speed test.

You are probably correct. I have had faster speeds as the day has gone by.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
VZW with this update change the color of the keyboard from white to black grayish color. I prefer the white keyboard, if someone know a way to change back to the white color keyboard please post a how to thanks

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Too bad the WiFi connectivity is still flaky and not real stable.

I haven't had any issues on wifi. Always use it at my house or mine or the wife's parents house. All different brand routers and never an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues on wifi. Always use it at my house or mine or the wife's parents house. All different brand routers and never an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

I haven't had any wifi issues either.I think it has to do with certain phones only doing this. I mean not everybody's Note 3 have the same problems.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
VZW with this update change the color of the keyboard from white to black grayish color. I prefer the white keyboard, if someone know a way to change back to the white color keyboard please post a how to thanks

I actually welcome the change.:cool:

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as the bloatware...the only I see is VCloud. I don't see the the other 3 Apps they've included.....That's a good thing!

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Its not my router since the only device having issues is my Note 3. My old Note 2 and my wifes Note 2 does not have the issue. The router isnt too old either. Its an Asus AC router.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I heard this turns on BAND4 AWS. Maybe that's why some folks have faster 4G? Can't comment further don't really understand the tech... But.... I heard it's great in the markets that have it... Maybe this update turns it on (without rooting like the others do)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey