01-16-2014 12:42 PM
31 12
tools
    I took over a minute to download the speed test app...i am sure my results will be rather hilarious
    01-09-2014 08:45 PM
    Does anyone know if Seattle has AWS because my speeds are shameful. I don't know if it's my phone or there are just tons of people on Verizon here hogging up the bandwidth.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    01-15-2014 01:43 PM
    Does anyone know if Seattle has AWS because my speeds are shameful. I don't know if it's my phone or there are just tons of people on Verizon here hogging up the bandwidth.

Do you have the latest update? What is your signal strength? What time are you taking the speed tests?

Even if aws is deployed in your city, it might not be deployed your location as aws is only deployed in high load areas. I am in LA, and there are some locations that have aws, and some that don't.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    01-15-2014 05:19 PM
    Do you have the latest update? What is your signal strength? What time are you taking the speed tests?

Even if aws is deployed in your city, it might not be deployed your location as aws is only deployed in high load areas. I am in LA, and there are some locations that have aws, and some that don't.

Yes I have the latest update. My signal strength looks like -89 dBm. And I just took some more speed tests now at 6:40 PM. Same results. Fastest I get is about 10 down. I feel like where I'm at is a high load area. I can see the Space Needle from my work area. The Amazon offices are around the corner from me. This is pretty much Downtown Seattle. I'm just starting to think I have a defective device. Or AWS just isn't here in Seattle yet.

01-15-2014 09:45 PM
    Yes I have the latest update. My signal strength looks like -89 dBm. And I just took some more speed tests now at 6:40 PM. Same results. Fastest I get is about 10 down. I feel like where I'm at is a high load area. I can see the Space Needle from my work area. The Amazon offices are around the corner from me. This is pretty much Downtown Seattle. I'm just starting to think I have a defective device. Or AWS just isn't here in Seattle yet.

To view the band you are on, you can use the method in this thread, which requires root

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=335201

Sounds like you are in a high load area. - 89db is okay. Fine for normal usage but when finding peak speeds, I try to keep it in the 60s.

You can try at non peak times, say 5am or something to see if it is any different, or try it in a different area.

Keep in mind Verizon advertises 4GLTE as 5-12mbps down /2-5mbps up. They aren't really going to do anything for you since you are in the advertised range, unless you are getting dropped calls or flaky Internet connection.

01-16-2014 09:50 AM
    Still don't think our area had band 4 unless it's only in one small quarter mile area. On the way to work yesterday morning, I had my fastest results yet. Too bad most of the time I am in the 4-15 Mbps range.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    01-16-2014 12:42 PM
31 12