12-13-2016 12:52 PM
136 1234 ...
tools
    A couple months ago I updated to MJ7 but now my phone bugs me everyday asking if I want to update again. originally I rooted with dela Vega and when I updated to MJ7 it screwed up the root so I went with Kingo and that worked just fine but I'm wondering if anyone has done the newest update from MJ7 to MJE, I need to know if it stayed rooted and should I unroot with Kingo before I do the update or what? I updated while rooted with my last phone and it screwed it up so I'm a little worried to update again while rooted.
    I rooted on MJE and everything worked fine. But, once again, I was on MJE when I rooted. More than likely though, once you update, it'll remove root and you'll have to root again. To be safe I would just back everything up with Titanium, or any other backup app, then unroot, update, then reroot again.
    d2r2 likes this.
    12-31-2013 01:05 AM
    I'm still nervous about what data kingo is taking from my phone a d what they're doing with it.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
    I just looked into their privacy policy and It seems that the data they collect is to better the software, just like any other software or app does.

Quote: "We may collect the following information:
    where you came from and where you click on the site
    IP address, browser configuration, and other Google Analytics tracking data

What we do with the information we gather
    We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
    We may use the information to improve our products and services.
    Internal record keeping."

But it doesn't seem to be taking anything from your phone, just the web browser you used to download the software. At the end of the day though it all comes down to personal preference and how comfortable you are with the whole operation. Personally, I can't recommend rooting and using Kingo enough. Like I said before, it's the easiest root method I've ever used.
    d2r2 likes this.
    12-31-2013 01:42 AM
    My phone says I have 4.3 but I do not see that option on kingo??? 4.2.2 is the highest
    12-31-2013 11:25 PM
    I just got my note 3 it's on MJE.... I installed Kingo Root V. 1.1.7. I keep getting "Root Failed! ConnectionUnstabitil" Any help on what I'm doing wrong?
    01-02-2014 02:42 AM
    I just got my note 3 it's on MJE.... I installed Kingo Root V. 1.1.7. I keep getting "Root Failed! ConnectionUnstabitil" Any help on what I'm doing wrong?
    Sorry for the late response, but I would recommend using a standard charging cable, not the one that came with Note 3. Also if you have a laptop/desktop that has a USB 3.0 port, use the regular 2.0 instead. Those are some known issues that could cause problems.
    d2r2 likes this.
    01-06-2014 01:18 PM
    My phone says I have 4.3 but I do not see that option on kingo??? 4.2.2 is the highest
    It works on 4.3 as well. That's what I was on when I rooted.
    01-06-2014 01:20 PM
    Sorry if this was asked before: Does Kingo wipe the phone when it roots it? Also, if I do use Kingo, how do I check to see if it tripped Knox? Thanks
    01-06-2014 03:51 PM
    Sorry if this was asked before: Does Kingo wipe the phone when it roots it? Also, if I do use Kingo, how do I check to see if it tripped Knox? Thanks
    Nope, it doesn't wipe at all, and to see if you tripped Knox, turn off your phone, then hold the volume down, home and power button all at the same time and a prompt screen should pop up. Hit the volume up button to continue and you should see something along the lines of Knox warranty void 0x0. As long as it's at 0x0 you're good to go.
    01-07-2014 07:10 AM
    If I have already ripped using kingo am I able to upgrade to the MJ7 without causing issues? A lo is anyone else having an issue with the air gestures? I have mine enabled in settings but the icon isn't showing and nothing is working. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 11:42 AM
    Are you currently on MJ7, and want to get to MJE?... Yes, you can. Not sure you can just update OTA though.

Also, pretty sure you will give up root (temporarily) when you update, and have to re-root, which should not be a problem at all.
    01-07-2014 12:26 PM
    So if I update with the factory update what will it do? I'm currently on MJ7 and would like to go to MJE. I'm hoping that will fix the air gesture issue I'm having.

01-07-2014 01:05 PM
    So if I update with the factory update what will it do? I'm currently on MJ7 and would like to go to MJE. I'm hoping that will fix the air gesture issue I'm having.

Sorry for the late response, I'm new to all this and didn't know how to get notified when someone posted, but now I see there's a subscribe feature .-. Just in case you haven't gone through with it yet, if you do the over the air update, it will unroot, as mentioned before, temporarily. I haven't been having any gesture issues but I've been on MJE pretty much since I got my phone, so that may have very well been the fix. Of course once you update, which I would recommend, you can easily re-root and you should be good to go.
    01-12-2014 01:55 AM
    Sweet thanks. Haven't done it yet cuz I'm so used to iPhone and having to wait for months after updating to be able to jailbreak again.

01-12-2014 07:20 AM
    Sweet thanks. Haven't done it yet cuz I'm so used to iPhone and having to wait for months after updating to be able to jailbreak again.

No problem, and I got my sister an iPhone and I love rooting/jailbreaking things and it sucked that I couldn't jailbreak her phone until recently because there was no updated way to do so.That's the thing I like about android, there's always tons of developers working on different root methods and great ROMS. Even if there's an update, a week or two later there's a new way to root.
    01-13-2014 06:38 PM
    Yeah, for now I guess I'm sticking to the stock rooted ROM. I didn't want to trip Knox because I wanted to add insurance to my phone but today I went to Geek Squad and was told that, even with insurance, if I were to make a claim, I would be charged a $150 deductible since it's a higher end phone, so no insurance for me. Guess I can trip Knox all I want now, but I think I'm just gonna wait until Cyanogenmod releases a ROM for the Note 3 or wait for a Kit-Kat upgrade. Thanks for all your help!! I'll randomly check back and assist anyone else with any issues they may be having to the best of my abilities as a token of appreciation!
    Saw this and just a side note - I have the 8$/mo insurance with Verizon. My bf accidentally broke my phone Friday evening, we filed a claim with a $99 deductible on Sat afternoon and I had a new phone shipped to me which arrived Monday morning. Pretty impressed with that.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-14-2014 08:51 AM
    Saw this and just a side note - I have the 8$/mo insurance with Verizon. My bf accidentally broke my phone Friday evening, we filed a claim with a $99 deductible on Sat afternoon and I had a new phone shipped to me which arrived Monday morning. Pretty impressed with that.

I have the same $8 protection--$99 only? I swore when I replaced my last phone it was $150 for a smartphone of any type.

And after reading this thread---and the fact that this root method doesn't wipe the phone like some others, i'm jumping in.
    UPDATE: and just like that, downloaded, plugged in & ran the software, and 15 minutes later (1 tap on the phone) - - i'm rooted. Applied a test root-app just to be sure (enable all apps in pen window from XDA) and running just fine. next up, researching how hard it is to do safestrap/custom recovery & instsalling a 4.4 ROM
    01-14-2014 10:09 AM
    I have the same $8 protection--$99 only? I swore when I replaced my last phone it was $150 for a smartphone of any type.

And after reading this thread---and the fact that this root method doesn't wipe the phone like some others, i'm jumping in.
    UPDATE: and just like that, downloaded, plugged in & ran the software, and 15 minutes later (1 tap on the phone) - - i'm rooted. Applied a test root-app just to be sure (enable all apps in pen window from XDA) and running just fine. next up, researching how hard it is to do safestrap/custom recovery & instsalling a 4.4 ROM
    Yep $99 only. My bf and I spent a while reading what protection (insurance) I had and what the deductible was going to be. I guess Verizon has 4 different insurance deals with asurion (this is who the claim gets filed with). For my $8/mo it's a $99 deductible. It was the same with my iPhone before this, was still the $8/mo and $99 deductible.

You have to send the broken phone to the ins co but they tell you to keep the battery and all the accessories which is nice since my bf and I have the same phone so it helps to have a spare charger n stuff around.

01-14-2014 10:01 PM
    I rooted my device as you have state micro usb which was plugged in to usb 2.0. After root everything was fine but when i go to super user i get this error message "samsung knox has been detected. This might limit root capabilities and sause annoying popups. Try to disable knox? What should i do or what do i do to fix this. Thank you
    01-24-2014 12:00 AM
    There is a $5 plan that covers the same thing...The only thing the $8 plan offers is an extra year for the manufacturers warranty.

01-24-2014 06:26 AM
    yep $99 only. My bf and i spent a while reading what protection (insurance) i had and what the deductible was going to be. I guess verizon has 4 different insurance deals with asurion (this is who the claim gets filed with). For my $8/mo it's a $99 deductible. It was the same with my iphone before this, was still the $8/mo and $99 deductible.

You have to send the broken phone to the ins co but they tell you to keep the battery and all the accessories which is nice since my bf and i have the same phone so it helps to have a spare charger n stuff around.

Posted via android central app
    check out your local best buy store warranty i hear it's better then asurion.
    01-25-2014 12:23 AM
    check out your local best buy store warranty i hear it's better then asurion.
    Does it cover loss and theft though? I've heard that it doesn't but asurion's insurance does, and with a brand new smartphone that's important. I already know one person whose had theirs stolen.

I'm pretty happy paying the $8/mo as it gives me piece of mind, in a yr or so I may decide to stop having insurance but for now I'd rather be safe than sorry and cover all my bases.

As for the $99 deductible I made my bf pay since he was the one who broke it! Ha :-)

01-25-2014 01:23 AM
    I have been pulling my hair out here. I recently purchased a note 3 which came with the MJE update. I am a Verizon user with model SM-N900V, 4.3, MJE. Every root method I have tried has failed, including the Kingo method....which looked so promising. When I use kingo, I get the message, "Failed. notsupported." can someone help give me insight? it sounds like others running g MJE have had success...I haven't and it's driving me crazy! I have debugging on, of course, I am using a basic USB 2 cable and port, I have disabled, "verify apps," and I don't get a popup that asks me to "allow" on my PC. Can anyone help me with this root issue? I'm dying to get rooted and move on. I don't care AT ALL whether KNOX is tripped. Not sure why anyone would care to be honest. anyway. I am begging for help. I have tried 4 or 5 rooting methods, all of which fail. it's getting pretty discouraging. PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much to ANYONE who can point me in the right direction.
    01-29-2014 12:57 PM
    I dont think that the verify apps is the problem. Are you getting the pop up that allows the computer to talk to the phone via adb, that says the computer is a trusted and allowed source? Click the revoke usb debugging authorizations under Developer options, reboot the phone, exit Kingo, restart Kingo and try again would be my suggestion. I don't ever remember unchecking the verify apps button while using Kingo and I've used it multiple times without ever having tripped Knox.
    TheShade001 likes this.
    01-29-2014 03:18 PM
    I dont think that the verify apps is the problem. Are you getting the pop up that allows the computer to talk to the phone via adb, that says the computer is a trusted and allowed source? Click the revoke usb debugging authorizations under Developer options, reboot the phone, exit Kingo, restart Kingo and try again would be my suggestion. I don't ever remember unchecking the verify apps button while using Kingo and I've used it multiple times without ever having tripped Knox.
    Thanks for the response, Ballistic. No, I'm not getting that prompt. BTW, I'm running windows 7. I tried ur suggestion and got the same result... "Failed. notsupport." pretty frustrating. I will keep at it. so irritating. it's got to be something simple...well...not necessarily, but I've rooted every phone I've had since the year 2001. never hit a wall like this. Thanks again for response.
    01-29-2014 04:53 PM
    Did Kingo install the driver for the phone? Try uninstalling any and all drivers, try using the official usb cord if you arent already, heck, even try using a different usb port. I ran it perfectly fine on my windows 7 machine at home so I dont want to attribute it to windows 7. I know during the root process it tries to push an apk, you have to allow installing unknown sources and you have to specifically click the pop up on your phone that the computer is a trusted device. I'm basing this off memory so I might be missing a step. After it pushes and you install the apk it reboots the phone, then tries to use adb, that might be where allowing the computer to connect to the device pop up comes in. Try looking up kingo root videos on youtube, I'd really be surprised if someone doesnt have a video uploaded there already...
    TheShade001 likes this.
    01-29-2014 10:16 PM
136 1234 ...