12-13-2016 12:52 PM
136 12345 ...
tools
    Did Kingo install the driver for the phone? Try uninstalling any and all drivers, try using the official usb cord if you arent already, heck, even try using a different usb port. I ran it perfectly fine on my windows 7 machine at home so I dont want to attribute it to windows 7. I know during the root process it tries to push an apk, you have to allow installing unknown sources and you have to specifically click the pop up on your phone that the computer is a trusted device. I'm basing this off memory so I might be missing a step. After it pushes and you install the apk it reboots the phone, then tries to use adb, that might be where allowing the computer to connect to the device pop up comes in. Try looking up kingo root videos on youtube, I'd really be surprised if someone doesnt have a video uploaded there already...
    Hallelujah! It worked! Dude, thank u so much for sticking it out with me man. Ur last post is what did it. All my settings were right, but for some reason I had never gotten the prompt, on my phone, to allow the computer's "handshake." Also, I had installed the drivers manually rather than let Kingo do it. Not sure if that played a roll, but I uninstalled all drivers and let Kingo install them. As soon as Kingo installed the drivers, my phone was prompted to allow the handshake. I didn't even have to go into the bootloader. I simply clicked "root" while the phone was booted up and Kingo did the rest. Voila! I have root. Again, thank you so much for helping me, Ballistic. I would not have gone thru those steps had you not taken the time to respond. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. You were spot on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    01-30-2014 01:31 PM
    I just recently did a manual update of my Note 3 with Odin and am now on MJE. Every time I plug the Note in and run Kingo Root it never recognizes the phone but the computer does!

I have tried using a different USB port, re-installed Kingo, I'm sure my drivers are correct because again, I can connect to the PC with no problem.

Anyone have any idea how to get Kingo going? I am familiar with it since I used it to root my Note 3 when on MJ7 previously.

PLEASE HELP! I have a lot of apps that depend on root access that now I can't run any more.

Thanks.

P.S. - Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere here on the forum. I did several searches but came up with nothing.
    01-30-2014 04:14 PM
    I just recently did a manual update of my Note 3 with Odin and am now on MJE. Every time I plug the Note in and run Kingo Root it never recognizes the phone but the computer does!

I have tried using a different USB port, re-installed Kingo, I'm sure my drivers are correct because again, I can connect to the PC with no problem.

Anyone have any idea how to get Kingo going? I am familiar with it since I used it to root my Note 3 when on MJ7 previously.

PLEASE HELP! I have a lot of apps that depend on root access that now I can't run any more.

Thanks.

P.S. - Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere here on the forum. I did several searches but came up with nothing.
    Batman, I take no credit for this advice. A fellow poster, Ballisticn8, helped dig me out of a bind. I was sure I had everything in order, but when I followed a few simple steps I was good to go. I am also running MJE and rooted with Kingo with no problems once I followed a few simple procedures.

First, make sure ur settings are correct on ur phone. Just make sure that USB debugging is turned on and that you allow "unknown sources" (under security). Try uninstalling all samsung drivers even if you ate confident they are current (including Kies). I would uninstall any and all drivers.To be sure, on your phone, try clicking (under developer options) Revoke USB debugging authorizations. reboot your phone. Launch Kingo and it will ask u to connect ur device. While booted, plug in ur phone and let Kingo find the drivers. it will tell you that it is looking for the drivers. it takes a few minutes, but let Kingo find and install the drivers. it will eventually connect to ur phone and ur phone will have a prompt asking u to allow the computer to connect to it. Click OK. Follow Kingo's instructions which should be just clicking root at that point. You don't have to go into bootload mode. You can click "root" even with your phone booted up. Kingo will do the rest. I hope this helps. If it does, be sure to back up a post or two and thank Ballisticn8, which is where the credit goes to. following those simple steps got me rooted and on my way.
    01-30-2014 06:29 PM
    Thanks so much for your reply TheShade001, I really appreciate your time. However, once finally getting home and trying another computer it worked! It must be something about the PC I'm on at work. It does sort of seem like a driver issue, so next time I have a problem like this I'll try uninstalling them like you said.

Thanks again!
    TheShade001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 08:23 PM
    Hey glad I was able to help. I've been in bind myself and someone was nice enough to help so I'm just passing along the good karma!

Sent from my XT1060
    TheShade001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 11:24 PM
    check out your local best buy store warranty i hear it's better then asurion.
    Does it cover loss and theft though? I've heard that it doesn't but asurion's insurance does, and with a brand new smartphone that's important. I already know one person whose had theirs stolen.

I'm pretty happy paying the $8/mo as it gives me piece of mind, in a yr or so I may decide to stop having insurance but for now I'd rather be safe than sorry and cover all my bases.

As for the $99 deductible I made my bf pay since he was the one who broke it! Ha :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    Best Buy doesn't cover loss or theft. Best Buy also currently has a $150 deductible per claim and 3 claim limit per 24 month period. Verizon asurion has a 2 claim limit per year and $99 deductible.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    sarkycow likes this.
    01-31-2014 08:32 AM
    Has anyone successfully rooted the verizon 900v? I have tried the steps above about removing the drivers and such, but I still get "ROOT Failed! NotSupport"
    02-04-2014 01:13 PM
    Has anyone successfully rooted the verizon 900v? I have tried the steps above about removing the drivers and such, but I still get "ROOT Failed! NotSupport"
    I'm curious too..... And is vroot any more of a security risk than kingo?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
    02-04-2014 03:54 PM
    I'm curious too..... And is vroot any more of a security risk than kingo?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
    @kool_zero - I was frustrated and hopeless for a while, but yes, using Kingo you can def easily root your 900v with no problems or even tripping Knox (even running the latest MJE update). Thanks to some people here I was able to solve the delima. The steps are sort of scattered throughout a few posts, however, which may be confusing. I'll compile them into one post.

@recDNA - not sure about vroot, but I do know that Kingo is safe, secure, does not trip Knox, and allows u to easily unroot if u ever need to.

@whomever is running 900v (even MJE) - if you're having an issue using Kingo to root u 900v, hang in there for a few. I thought I had tried everything and was really out of ideas...but rest assured...I honestly believe you'll be rooted by following a few simple steps, in the right order. Unfortunately, I have a work meeting tonight and won't be able to post the simple walkthrough I went through to get rooted and up and running for a few hours. I will gladly do so when I get back this evening. Sorry to keep ya waiting. I was so grateful that others quickly took the time to help get my issues resolved (thanks, again, Ballisticn8). There were a few steps I needed to take, however, which I hadn't posted. When I get back tonight, I will write out the step-by-step process which got me rooted using Kingo (ver. SM-N900V, MJE).
    afmracer6 likes this.
    02-04-2014 05:36 PM
    Sorry it has been taking me so long. Things have been a bit hectic. Hopefully, I will have it posted later today.
    02-06-2014 03:06 AM
    good there is a way
    02-07-2014 12:19 PM
    Looking forward to root again. You don't know how much you miss something until it goes away.

02-08-2014 01:58 PM
    I love seeing this over and over and over...

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?-fail.jpg

whoever resolves this lame issue will forever be known as the GREATEST DAMN PERSON TO EVER LIVE!
    02-08-2014 05:32 PM
    I tried rooting in this manner on two different laptops and a desktop. A USB 3 and a USB 2 cable. Over and over and over it failed. Never working. I researched all these threads and tried every single suggestion. Frustration is not even coming close to how I feel about this problem. Guess I'm not meant to root this phone.

02-09-2014 05:11 PM
    I'm on mje, can I Oden down to mj7 and then try to kingo?

02-10-2014 09:35 PM
    So I was following this post all of yesterday trying with my laptop, my old desktop, different cables, removing drivers, and nothing worked. I figured I would go to bed and see what happens in a week or two. I ended up grabbing another laptop this morning to give it one more shot and it worked the first time like a charm. I really don't know what did it, my guess is that it could have been that I did it with a 100% battery this time, or just the other laptop could do it for whatever reason. What I'm saying is don't give up hope too easily.
    02-11-2014 09:21 AM
    I love seeing this over and over and over...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fail.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	103994

whoever resolves this lame issue will forever be known as the GREATEST DAMN PERSON TO EVER LIVE!
    I have been pulling my hair out here. I recently purchased a note 3 which came with the MJE update. I am a Verizon user with model SM-N900V, 4.3, MJE. Every root method I have tried has failed, including the Kingo method....which looked so promising. When I use kingo, I get the message, "Failed. notsupported." can someone help give me insight? it sounds like others running g MJE have had success...I haven't and it's driving me crazy! I have debugging on, of course, I am using a basic USB 2 cable and port, I have disabled, "verify apps," and I don't get a popup that asks me to "allow" on my PC. Can anyone help me with this root issue? I'm dying to get rooted and move on. I don't care AT ALL whether KNOX is tripped. Not sure why anyone would care to be honest. anyway. I am begging for help. I have tried 4 or 5 rooting methods, all of which fail. it's getting pretty discouraging. PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much to ANYONE who can point me in the right direction.
    Have you gone here yet?

http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/

Worked for me with no problem or issues. Also, doesn't trip Knox, even after installing 2 different TW-based ROMs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-11-2014 11:54 AM
    Were you on mje?

02-11-2014 12:51 PM
    Yup.

02-11-2014 02:47 PM

02-11-2014 02:49 PM
    Have you gone here yet?

How to Root Verizon Galaxy Note 3! | GalaxyNote3Root.com

Worked for me with no problem or issues. Also, doesn't trip Knox, even after installing 2 different TW-based ROMs.

Yeah, that doesn't work if you have foolishly accepted Verizons OTA MJE update... Which is the dilemma that we are all in. Screw Verizon... I can't root my damn phone and get rid of your ridiculous bloatware, all so that you can try and sucker me into paying you more than I already am?

**EDIT
    how can this sorcery be?!?! I just went to that download page you referenced, followed the youtube video, and it softbricked my phone... Are you saying I should try Odin over and over again hoping that it will just magically work???

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?-fail2.png
    02-11-2014 03:39 PM
    It worked for me. Are you sure you're softbricked? It takes a long time to get from the first step to the second and nothing seems to be happening. But for me, it eventually came around.

02-11-2014 04:06 PM
    It failed within 20 secs. I waited for 5 mins, nothing changed so I then rebooted my phone. and it was talking about firmware this, and that nonsense... I removed the battery, held down power. I did the normal know how, and my phone kept booting to a yellow image saying nonsense about firmware, I then followed this link, [GUIDE] VZW Note III Edition[Return to Stock or recover from a Soft Brick and More] - xda-developers and got the phone back to stock MJE...
    02-11-2014 04:20 PM
    How do you know it failed in 20 seconds? The first step took almost 20 minutes.

02-11-2014 04:25 PM
    So you got that fail message in Odin in 20 seconds?

02-11-2014 04:27 PM
136 12345 ...