12-13-2016 12:52 PM
136 ... 3456
tools
    does anyone know how to mod a verizon galaxy note 3?
    03-05-2014 12:30 PM
    I've tried all these steps on 3 different computers all running Windows 7 64 bit. Same result: Failed - Notsupport

Anyone have a clear, concise, paint by numbers instruction manual for this ****? I've tried all the suggestions posted here and I keep ending up with the same result -- I'm tempted to take this POS back to verizon and tell them to shove it, I was perfectly happy with my USC S4 anyways...
    03-05-2014 01:19 PM
    This is insanely frustrating. We know it's possible to root on MJE, I've seen people do it online and in videos, but I've tried Kingo with so many different configurations and it's still not working. Has anyone on here rooted successfully with kingo on MJE?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-05-2014 05:10 PM
    I have...
    03-05-2014 09:01 PM
    I used this method. No issues.

http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/

03-09-2014 05:47 PM
    I never tried root de la vega and kingo never worked for me. I finally did root with vRoot. It worked perfect. Then I re-rooted with kingo to swap out the Chinese su. Then for safety, I did a factory reset and kept my root and then ran a full virus scan (avast). Everything is good and I'm rooted!!! I think the version of vRoot I used is the latest 1.7.5 and now has some english in it. Hope this helps someone else
    I also have tried Kingo without success. I tried the Vega route and that just made a mess of things which required me to do a Kies reinstall. I just tried the above method as well on my N9000V 4.3 MJE updated Galaxy Note 3 and it worked just fine. I also rerooted with Kingo to get an English SuperUser installed rather then the one installed with Vroot. This method also did not trip the KNOX.
    Thanks for the advice simpleone71. Great solution!
    03-21-2014 04:17 PM
    Erick newman i had the exact same issue .i tried for days with kingo and everything else in the book. Finally the only way to do this that i found is vroot it only took 2mins . dont worry about the chineese su app installed on the phone and the app manager . also download the supersu update zip and safestrap 3.65 . once rooted install safe strap and flash the zip. Reboot and unistall the chineese su app reboot then open supersu if u dont see install it again open it again update binaries click on the popup to remover knox and your golden. It worked for me and i swearbits thebl only way if your device come from the store with MJE.
    03-21-2014 08:56 PM
    I have tried every one of these ways and nothing has worked. i have the note 3 on verizon with 4.3 and MJE. i tried the vroot first then i tried kingo. the Vroot doesnt reset my phone like it does in the video i saw. on of you should make a video the kids wasnt very good quality and i doubt he responds to people
    03-23-2014 06:00 PM
    I have tried every one of these ways and nothing has worked. i have the note 3 on verizon with 4.3 and MJE. i tried the vroot first then i tried kingo. the Vroot doesnt reset my phone like it does in the video i saw. on of you should make a video the kids wasnt very good quality and i doubt he responds to people
    You're doing something wrong. Trust me. Vroot works perfectly.

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.
    03-24-2014 04:38 AM
    Kingo will root MJE 4.3 I successfully rooted with it. However the version posted on their site doesn't work. You'll have to use an earlier version ---> FileSnack | Easy file sharing
    Remember to enable "USB debugging", uncheck "verify apps" and check "unknown sources" in security settings and make screen timeout to 5 minutes.
    03-24-2014 10:39 PM
    Kingo will root MJE 4.3 I successfully rooted with it. However the version posted on their site doesn't work. You'll have to use an earlier version ---> FileSnack | Easy file sharing
    Remember to enable "USB debugging", uncheck "verify apps" and check "unknown sources" in security settings and make screen timeout to 5 minutes.
    I literally spent 4 hours on this. Thanks!
    03-25-2014 08:22 AM
    It works....that is how I rooted my MJE Verizon Note 3. Follow the directions EXACTLY including setting options on your phone like usb debugging on

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    03-25-2014 04:42 PM
    It works....that is how I rooted my MJE Verizon Note 3. Follow the directions EXACTLY including setting options on your phone like usb debugging on

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    I used Kingo 1.1.7 from Freewarefiles. Worked like a champ

» Download Kingo Android ROOT Free
    03-25-2014 08:19 PM
    The Kingo developer replied on Facebook to many of us having trouble with root (Vzw Note 3 MJE). He pointed us to ver. 1.1.8. After a couple tries I was able to get root successfully. http://www.kingoapp.com/download/118android_root.exe
    Floyd Gray, oldgrowth and Dukins like this.
    03-30-2014 06:19 PM
    The Kingo developer replied on Facebook to many of us having trouble with root (Vzw Note 3 MJE). He pointed us to ver. 1.1.8. After a couple tries I was able to get root successfully. http://www.kingoapp.com/download/118android_root.exe
    After trying everything thing else this I downloaded this version from the link above and it worked perfect for me, whole thing take less than 2 mins Id say, verizon note 3

Couple of other things to bring up here.... I found this page from samsung talking about removing KNOX (for t-mobile though) thoughts?

How do I Remove or Uninstall KNOX™ Personal on my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3? : T-Mobile Cell Phones | Samsung
    I also downloaded Titianuim Backup and SuperSU. I backed up on TB then opened the SuperSU app, I saw the TB in the screen..and first thing it wanted to do is
    "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?"
    If I go continue I get...
    "If you have custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, that can be used to (try to) install the SU Binary. This is recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU Binary?"
    Option of selecting NORMAL or TWRP CWN,
    So I went NORMAL,
    After that it stated "Samsung KNOX has been detected. This might limit root capabilities and cause annoying popups. Try to disable KNOX?
    Is this safe to go forward with? What does it mean anyway? - ok I just did it anyway and it said "disabled successfully" or something like that..looks like Im golden!!!
    03-30-2014 07:58 PM
    As sulla1965 said above Kingo will root MJE 4.3 I just finished rooting mine. I followed the instruction on XDA: ***Note 3 Root - Recovery - Roms*** step by step - xda-developers

For those that are wondering I used the following:
    Win 8.1 x64
    Kingo version 1.1.6 you can download it here. Thanks djflipnautikz for the link
    Note: at this time Kingo version 1.2.x does not work. Please use version 1.1.5-1.1.x.

Follow the the instructions on XDA and hopefully you will have success.
    Also don't forget to enable the developer mode.
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?-note3update.png

Thanks for viewing,
    Aaron
    04-02-2014 11:11 PM
    thank you msummerour.... ver.1.1.8 is only solution to verizon MJE 4.3 root!!
    04-07-2014 03:03 PM
    I couldn't get ANYTHING to work and this worked for me. Thank you so much! Worked the first time.

04-07-2014 10:26 PM
    Tried 116 and 121 a bunch of times. Finally had success with 118 on the second time. MJE 4.3.
    04-24-2014 07:36 PM
    Is there a link to 118?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2014 01:49 PM
    I have Verizon Note 3 with MJE build. I tried Kingo root 112, 118, 115 and 122 and all failed. I get message ROOT FAILED NotSupport.
    04-25-2014 01:52 PM
    Have been at the same problem for 7 hours now. Same MJE Build on VZW GN3 - Finally bit the bullet and downloaded Vroot. VOILLA! Like 2 Minutes Later, ROOT BABY! Now the varient of Superuser is a mostly chinese / some english gui. Oh well. Some say go back over with a Kingo Root, and install Chainfires SuperSu, not sure if I will. (Kingo Server or Connection has been down for about 20 min now)
    Anyway, if you are at wits end like I was. USE VROOT.

Forgot to mention, I Confirmed Root with Root Checker Basic. And yes, BINGO. ROOT! Going to leave the Chinese Superuser App there. Hey, it worked!
    04-25-2014 11:06 PM
    Ok. So I have 2 Newbie Questions...
    1. So say I'm rooted...and I'm just rooted running stock mje. When the forced download for kit kat arrives what happens then?

2. Can I wait to root after I install kit kat? So that I can run a rooted version of it?

Thanks for your time.
    04-26-2014 01:46 PM
    Ok. So I have 2 Newbie Questions...
    1. So say I'm rooted...and I'm just rooted running stock mje. When the forced download for kit kat arrives what happens then?

2. Can I wait to root after I install kit kat? So that I can run a rooted version of it?

Thanks for your time.
    One option is to freeze the updater app. I think it is called SDA but you have to search for it. I've actually been trying to verify exactly what to freeze and exactly where to find it (which folder) in stock rooted mje.

Another option is to install safestrap, then install the 4.4 leak in rom slot, then Odin the 4.4 firmware, then install the new safestrap for 4.4, then freeze the updater app (whatever it is called) or vzw will push the OTA which will Bork your phone.

Another option is to leave rooted stock alone, install safestrap, download and install a custom rom in slot 1 then use that.

I recommend you check out xda forums which has all the downloads and much more. Knowledgeable posters than I

If you take the OTA when rooted you may brick your phone or lose root and there is currently no way to root a vzw Kitkat and may never be. Many of the best developers have quit samsung or Verizon.
    04-26-2014 02:59 PM
    Thank you Sulla 1965. Like others here, I've been trying for 2 full days to root my VZ GN3 with MJE. Tried about 8 dozen different methods, nothing worked but your link did the trick! TYTYTYTY.

04-27-2014 07:11 PM
136 ... 3456