Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Root MJE?

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Just for you I read this post and turned my phone off and booted it into download mode. Knox hasn't been tripped. I have only flashed clean rom 1.5 and I had no Knox problems but I'm currently running stock rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, for now I guess I'm sticking to the stock rooted ROM. I didn't want to trip Knox because I wanted to add insurance to my phone but today I went to Geek Squad and was told that, even with insurance, if I were to make a claim, I would be charged a $150 deductible since it's a higher end phone, so no insurance for me. Guess I can trip Knox all I want now, but I think I'm just gonna wait until Cyanogenmod releases a ROM for the Note 3 or wait for a Kit-Kat upgrade. Thanks for all your help!! I'll randomly check back and assist anyone else with any issues they may be having to the best of my abilities as a token of appreciation!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I can confirm that this still works to this date. The great thing about Kingo is with this one tool you can root AND unroot your phone. So in case you want to take your phone in for warranty issues, all you have to do is plug your phone in and a button that says UNROOT comes up and, voila, you're back to normal. By far the easiest root method I've ever used.

I'm still nervous about what data kingo is taking from my phone a d what they're doing with it.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

chrishencz

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
A couple months ago I updated to MJ7 but now my phone bugs me everyday asking if I want to update again. originally I rooted with dela Vega and when I updated to MJ7 it screwed up the root so I went with Kingo and that worked just fine but I'm wondering if anyone has done the newest update from MJ7 to MJE, I need to know if it stayed rooted and should I unroot with Kingo before I do the update or what? I updated while rooted with my last phone and it screwed it up so I'm a little worried to update again while rooted.

loyde2000

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, for now I guess I'm sticking to the stock rooted ROM. I didn't want to trip Knox because I wanted to add insurance to my phone but today I went to Geek Squad and was told that, even with insurance, if I were to make a claim, I would be charged a $150 deductible since it's a higher end phone, so no insurance for me. Guess I can trip Knox all I want now, but I think I'm just gonna wait until Cyanogenmod releases a ROM for the Note 3 or wait for a Kit-Kat upgrade. Thanks for all your help!! I'll randomly check back and assist anyone else with any issues they may be having to the best of my abilities as a token of appreciation!

I'm running safestrap and have not tripped the knox

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
A couple months ago I updated to MJ7 but now my phone bugs me everyday asking if I want to update again. originally I rooted with dela Vega and when I updated to MJ7 it screwed up the root so I went with Kingo and that worked just fine but I'm wondering if anyone has done the newest update from MJ7 to MJE, I need to know if it stayed rooted and should I unroot with Kingo before I do the update or what? I updated while rooted with my last phone and it screwed it up so I'm a little worried to update again while rooted.

I rooted on MJE and everything worked fine. But, once again, I was on MJE when I rooted. More than likely though, once you update, it'll remove root and you'll have to root again. To be safe I would just back everything up with Titanium, or any other backup app, then unroot, update, then reroot again.

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still nervous about what data kingo is taking from my phone a d what they're doing with it.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

I just looked into their privacy policy and It seems that the data they collect is to better the software, just like any other software or app does.

Quote: "We may collect the following information:
where you came from and where you click on the site
IP address, browser configuration, and other Google Analytics tracking data

What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Internal record keeping."

But it doesn't seem to be taking anything from your phone, just the web browser you used to download the software. At the end of the day though it all comes down to personal preference and how comfortable you are with the whole operation. Personally, I can't recommend rooting and using Kingo enough. Like I said before, it's the easiest root method I've ever used.

ox.G3M1N1.xo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note 3 it's on MJE.... I installed Kingo Root V. 1.1.7. I keep getting "Root Failed! ConnectionUnstabitil" Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note 3 it's on MJE.... I installed Kingo Root V. 1.1.7. I keep getting "Root Failed! ConnectionUnstabitil" Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for the late response, but I would recommend using a standard charging cable, not the one that came with Note 3. Also if you have a laptop/desktop that has a USB 3.0 port, use the regular 2.0 instead. Those are some known issues that could cause problems.

nseg

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this was asked before: Does Kingo wipe the phone when it roots it? Also, if I do use Kingo, how do I check to see if it tripped Knox? Thanks

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this was asked before: Does Kingo wipe the phone when it roots it? Also, if I do use Kingo, how do I check to see if it tripped Knox? Thanks

Nope, it doesn't wipe at all, and to see if you tripped Knox, turn off your phone, then hold the volume down, home and power button all at the same time and a prompt screen should pop up. Hit the volume up button to continue and you should see something along the lines of Knox warranty void 0x0. As long as it's at 0x0 you're good to go.

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
If I have already ripped using kingo am I able to upgrade to the MJ7 without causing issues? A lo is anyone else having an issue with the air gestures? I have mine enabled in settings but the icon isn't showing and nothing is working. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you currently on MJ7, and want to get to MJE?... Yes, you can. Not sure you can just update OTA though.

Also, pretty sure you will give up root (temporarily) when you update, and have to re-root, which should not be a problem at all.

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
So if I update with the factory update what will it do? I'm currently on MJ7 and would like to go to MJE. I'm hoping that will fix the air gesture issue I'm having.

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So if I update with the factory update what will it do? I'm currently on MJ7 and would like to go to MJE. I'm hoping that will fix the air gesture issue I'm having.

Sorry for the late response, I'm new to all this and didn't know how to get notified when someone posted, but now I see there's a subscribe feature .-. Just in case you haven't gone through with it yet, if you do the over the air update, it will unroot, as mentioned before, temporarily. I haven't been having any gesture issues but I've been on MJE pretty much since I got my phone, so that may have very well been the fix. Of course once you update, which I would recommend, you can easily re-root and you should be good to go.

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Sweet thanks. Haven't done it yet cuz I'm so used to iPhone and having to wait for months after updating to be able to jailbreak again.

Jay Fdz

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Sweet thanks. Haven't done it yet cuz I'm so used to iPhone and having to wait for months after updating to be able to jailbreak again.

No problem, and I got my sister an iPhone and I love rooting/jailbreaking things and it sucked that I couldn't jailbreak her phone until recently because there was no updated way to do so.That's the thing I like about android, there's always tons of developers working on different root methods and great ROMS. Even if there's an update, a week or two later there's a new way to root.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Saw this and just a side note - I have the 8$/mo insurance with Verizon. My bf accidentally broke my phone Friday evening, we filed a claim with a $99 deductible on Sat afternoon and I had a new phone shipped to me which arrived Monday morning. Pretty impressed with that.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech