Current best price for the Note 3?

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
So I dropped and cracked yet another s3, this was my Asurion replacement ($100) and after a month dropped it and even had a good cover on it to prevent that problem but my kitchen floor tiles are so darn hard. Screen is fine this time but digitizer cracked and display won't work (usually I crack screens and digitizer works), though phone turns on. I was hoping to wait until the s5 comes out and right now I am stuck using my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the time being but what a downgrade from my s3, blah. So I think I will go with the Note 3 for now....I found 2 places that are selling the 32gb white Note 3 on Verizon for $199 (I am sure I have to pay $36 activation or something). Best Buy and Amazon, $199 for line upgrade, and I am due for an upgrade. Normally I buy direct from Verizon btw so not sure if it matters where I buy it from?

Do these seem to be the best deal right now for the phone $199?

Thanks for the help!

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's a very good deal. Ib would maybe wait to see what the S5 is going to offer as long you have another phone to use while you wait. The Note 3 is only going to go down in price especially when the S5 comes out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Do these seem to be the best deal right now for the phone $199?
Best deal is buying from Verizon through the Comcast promo until 12/21 - you get it at Verizon's price of $300 (because you are buying directly from Verizon) but you get a $200 VISA prepaid card mailed to you from Comcast. So final cost to you is $300 + tax - $200 = $100 + tax on $300 since a VISA prepaid card is just as good as cash where I live. Just don't swipe them at the pump at a gas station if you want to buy gas with them - you have to go into pay.

Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast

You can do this online or call, but if you do it online, you will initially only see featured phones but you can click to see all phones. If you are transferring an upgrade to preserve unlimited data - do not call because the reps have screwed other people out of unlimited by not transferring the upgrade.

You do not have to be a comcast customer to take advantage of this promo. There is a thread about this offer on the Verizon forum of this site. So far, none of us has yet to receive our VISA cards because they need you to keep the phone for at least 14 days after activation. I am at 14 days now, and they said the card will be sent between 14 and 30 days of activation.

Yes, no matter where you buy from you will have to pay a $30 upgrade fee if you are using an upgrade. Also, if you buy from Amazon and downgrade the data plan on your line within 181 days, they will sock you with a $400 secondary ETF.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's a very good deal. Ib would maybe wait to see what the S5 is going to offer as long you have another phone to use while you wait. The Note 3 is only going to go down in price especially when the S5 comes out
Last year the S4 was not released on Verizon until the end of May. That is too long to wait IMO.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, yeah I can't stand using the Galaxy Nexus, I only have it for emergency purposes like this. I dont want to get the s4 because I didnt want it in the 1st place, not a major improvment for me to consider it but the s5 I am sure will be great. I had feared the note3 size but more and more I think about it, it will probably be really good especially in my work, I am in real estate. and if the s5 comes out and I like it better than the Note 3 (being that Samsung puts all their effort into the S's) then i can always sell the note3 on swappa for a few hundred to offset the cost of getting th s5.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Note 3 under the Edge contract which made more sense than renewing a line for another 2 years. If you go the Edge program there is no activation fee and once u pay off half the phone u can upgrade. At the time of switching to the Edge you pay first months payment of $29 plus sales tax. Comes to about $80. If you do the math, it takes about 11 or so Edge payments to equal the subsidized price of the phone.

Also if you get a Note 3, the Galaxy Gear is 199 which is $100 off.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Note 3 under the Edge contract which made more sense than renewing a line for another 2 years. If you go the Edge program there is no activation fee and once u pay off half the phone u can upgrade. At the time of switching to the Edge you pay first months payment of $29 plus sales tax. Comes to about $80. If you do the math, it takes about 11 or so Edge payments to equal the subsidized price of the phone.
There is a thread on this in the Verizon forum. The Edge program does not make financial sense unless for some reason you don't want to sign a 2 year contract. But if you do want to sign a 2 year contract, the Edge program is not a good choice from a financial standpoint.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
With the edge program you pay more. I never keep a phone for longer than a year.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
With the edge program you pay more.
yep, you do. But if you want a new phone every year and need the convenience of not having to screw with selling phones after 1 year, it is worth it.

If you can sell your phone after 1 year, you are better off with subsidized phones, especially if your phone is in high demand like iPhones or Notes.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Best deal is buying from Verizon through the Comcast promo until 12/21 - you get it at Verizon's price of $300 (because you are buying directly from Verizon) but you get a $200 VISA prepaid card mailed to you from Comcast. So final cost to you is $300 + tax - $200 = $100 + tax on $300 since a VISA prepaid card is just as good as cash where I live. Just don't swipe them at the pump at a gas station if you want to buy gas with them - you have to go into pay.

Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast

You can do this online or call, but if you do it online, you will initially only see featured phones but you can click to see all phones. If you are transferring an upgrade to preserve unlimited data - do not call because the reps have screwed other people out of unlimited by not transferring the upgrade.

You do not have to be a comcast customer to take advantage of this promo. There is a thread about this offer on the Verizon forum of this site. So far, none of us has yet to receive our VISA cards because they need you to keep the phone for at least 14 days after activation. I am at 14 days now, and they said the card will be sent between 14 and 30 days of activation.

Yes, no matter where you buy from you will have to pay a $30 upgrade fee if you are using an upgrade. Also, if you buy from Amazon and downgrade the data plan on your line within 181 days, they will sock you with a $400 secondary ETF.

Is it $200 or $100 because when I click on it it says $100.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
do it from a computer, not a phone and then see what happens. When you do it from a phone you get sent to their mobile site.

I will try it when I get near a computer . Would it change if I view their site in desktop view via my phone ? Did it show up as $100 card when you viewed it on your phone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
do it from a computer, not a phone and then see what happens. When you do it from a phone you get sent to their mobile site.

The mobile version isn't updated. If you use your cell phone, request the desktop version of the webpage. Chrome, Firefox, dolphin and a number of browsers can do this.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
yep, you do. But if you want a new phone every year and need the convenience of not having to screw with selling phones after 1 year, it is worth it.

If you can sell your phone after 1 year, you are better off with subsidized phones, especially if your phone is in high demand like iPhones or Notes.

Yes and No. With the popularity of the Edge program, Next, Up and such, I think the resale market will be flooded within the next 6-12 months and the phones will become more of a commodity. Therefore, they will be more like selling computers and such after 6-12 months of use. The Note 1, which was first rolled out about a year ago or even the Galaxy S3 that is slightly older, is not worth anything on the resale market. You are correct, that the iPhones have excellent resale. But the iPhone's resale value has started to decline lately.

Of course everyone has their own opinion and for me, the Edge is what I have been looking for a long time especially after they took away the primary line upgrade.