pictures in received emails

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
New to the Galaxy note 3,, had a gs3.
When I open emails with pictures attached it used to say load more details when I first got phone. I would click that and it would download the pictures right to the email to scroll through,,, now all of a sudden it says message and attachments , when I click attachments it loads preview and download for each picture,, you can't just scroll the pictures like it used to... if you download you have to go to downloads and view one at a time..

How do I fix this,, I don't think I changed anything and also never had this problem on my gs3

Thanks

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
ok maybe I can explain differently,, is there a way to change options on how attachments open? This is driving me nuts, used to me able to just open email with attachments and scroll the pictures.. now its preview one at a time or download or have to go to downloads and look at one at a time. Never had to do this before.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a iPhone convert. An I would like to know to. I get alot of attachments for work an it drives me nuts the steps I have to take.

Posted via Android Central App

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Crazy thing is my Galaxy S3 didn't have this problem nor did this new Galaxy note 3 for about the first 12 hours of ownership than all of sudden it changed. I just don't get it, very frustrating for a phone of this caliber. I'm still hoping maybe I did something that I can change back.

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
206 views and no one knows what I'm talking about? Do all of your note3's open attachments this way ?? If so this is really lame.

blanier98

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about this?
ahyjynyv.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Like blanier mine has been that way since I got it and yes it does suck. Though, I haven't really taken the time to try to find a resolution. Mostly I will just wait till I'm on my laptop if there are a lot of attachments on an email. But, that in itself is a bit of a stupid statement as this phone is supposed to enable you to do things without having to go on a computer.

Hope you find a resolution!

Sarks.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So do I as its ridiculous

OK - You can set it to auto-download attachments:- open e-mail app - hit button to left of home - settings - you will then see 'account settings' with email address written underneath, - press this - next heading is account settings, again with your e-mail address underneath - press your address - new screen starts with 'sync settings' etc, at the bottom of page, 'more settings' heading - press this - half way down page under 'data usage' - check box which says 'auto-download attachments' - done.
It's a bit long winded, but that's how I get there.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The nice thing about android is there are alternative email apps. At least ten bona fide replacements. Not to be a jerk.. But hopefully one will work for you

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
That option is not there
This is page after pressing more settings

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387886905798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387886905798.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 14

TcRoc

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Version 4.2 ,, can't find where i would update it if needed??? Under manage applications and click on email app doesn't show anywhere to update,,can't find anywhere else.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have version 4.2 also - I cannot understand why they look different. Perhaps it's the email client itself that's not presenting you with the option. The one I have on there is Hotmail, I use the native Gmail app for Gmail of course.
It may be your network provider also. I'm in the UK by the way, perhaps it's a regional difference?
Will continue to think about this, it's annoying me somewhat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power