Verizon Note 3: Battery & spam problems

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery & spam problems

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

knockoutdoc

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I too have had the same problem the last few weeks with these exact same pop ups. The only unusual thing I recall doing recently is downloading some playstore apps from TapJoy to get jewels in the game castle clash. I figured the playstore apps were safe. But in retrospect, tapjoy seems to have a lot of suspect clients.

If you download the apps from playstore you still my not get your jewels as promised by Tapjoy - it varies. Complaining to Tapjoy does absolutely nothing. After having this happen a few times, I realized that Tapjoy has a lot of slimy clients and Tapjoy doesn't care. This led to me to believe that I got this malware from one of tapjoy's client's apps but I have removed all of these apps and the problem persists.

Anyway, one of the weblinks that pops up in my chrome browser is Android Clean Master

By the way, I input the hyperlink above as a long weblink "http://android-support.us/2010/11/index.php?c=66&l=389&subid=2117273431" and this site turned it into a hyperlink called "android clean master" when I posted it.

This link will take you to on the pop up you will be taken to http://2solution.net/trc/go.php?c=66&l=389&subid=2117273431 Then you will be immediately redirected to the playstore.

The playstore app, some junk called DU speed booster, which i never downloaded, has more positive reviews than any app you have ever seen. It's BS tho. But when I try to write a negative review, it always says an error has occurred.

Like the OP, I am p%#ed off and even more surprise that over the last few weeks, no solutions have emerged when repeatedly scouring the net for answers. It is scary because after 3 years on android this is the first problem of this type I have encountered but none of the playstore anti-virus anti malware stuff has been able to even identify a problem.

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a wee update. I think I may have figured out the app that caused all the spam etc. It was called night vision spy camera (thank you to my bf for downloading that!) made by Sergio Barbara

I started getting spam in my notification bar on top of the rest and when I clicked and held on the spam it showed me which app it was coming from. One thing I found interesting, I had deleted the app yet somehow it managed to stay on my phone without showing up on my apps.

I managed to force it to stop and the 2 days following I did not have any spam or pop ups or redirects to the play store. (Then my bf accidently cracked my screen so I now have a replacement).

Just thought I'd let yous know since some had the same problem.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions, and the sympathy!

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Lash Ruth

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi all,

just wanted to give a wee update. I think i may have figured out the app that caused all the spam etc. It was called night vision spy camera (thank you to my bf for downloading that!) made by sergio barbara

i started getting spam in my notification bar on top of the rest and when i clicked and held on the spam it showed me which app it was coming from. One thing i found interesting, i had deleted the app yet somehow it managed to stay on my phone without showing up on my apps.

I managed to force it to stop and the 2 days following i did not have any spam or pop ups or redirects to the play store. (then my bf accidently cracked my screen so i now have a replacement).

Just thought i'd let yous know since some had the same problem.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions, and the sympathy!

Sarks.

Posted via android central app

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I have the EXACT same issue with that webpage and pop ups. I recently clicked on a YOUTUBE video and I somehow accepted something to my phone. Any virus software says I am fine and Push ads APPs say that isnt it either. I cant get rid of this thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-13-23-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-13-23-23.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 20
Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I have the EXACT same issue with that webpage and pop ups. I recently clicked on a YOUTUBE video and I somehow accepted something to my phone. Any virus software says I am fine and Push ads APPs say that isn't it either. I can't get rid of this thing. And I dont have that Night Vision App either. UGH

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Rogue apps seem to be a new trend. My battery and phone have just started acting funny. 20% down in less than 40 minutes. Seems Google is not checking apps well these days. No pop ups yet, but I got a feeling they r about to start. Couldn't get into anything. Not settings nor some of my apps. So I killed the last app icomania. We shall see if that's what caused it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just get an 6500 anker battery if battery life is the problem. I have one and it's great i get almost three days of life with this battery. As far as spam please factory reset your phone

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781