Touch Wiz Interference

egscms

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have Nova Launcher -- and every time I hit my home button, my Note 3 asks me to choose from Nova, Touchwiz Easy or TouchWiz Home.
Even when I select Nova-Always. This continues to happen and its driving me nuts! Any ideas, please?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can choose the default within the Nova Launcher settings. When it's asking you which one to use there should be Once and Always options, but if that's not working properly go into Nova Launcher Settings and there is an option near the bottom of the main menu called, "Select Default Home".

ClaroClau

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
How do I install a launcher? I have had my Note2 for a good while, but I think I might have caused the interference somehow...I keep getting "Touchwiz home has stopped" as well as "Gallery has stopped". Both of these pop UPS prevent me from completing certain tasks. WHAT DID I DO???

egscms

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup -- but then I get a message "Clear default app settings by going to Task Manager>Clear default and tapping Clear"
And -- I cant find "Task Manager" ... help . . .

egscms

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup -- but then I get a message "Clear default app settings by going to Task Manager>Clear default and tapping Clear"
And -- I cant find "Task Manager" ... help . . .

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hold down the home button for about 3 seconds, the task manager button will show up on the left

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The answer is to uninstall the latest Google search update. For some reason it makes you select a launcher every time. Once unistalled the issue will dissappear. Google has not fixed this issue yet. It has been documented in several forums.

Posted via Android Central App

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally posted this on the Galaxy Note 2 section, but same issues:

I was curious if anyone that is using Nova Launcher is experiencing lag, or a persistent message telling you to choose between Nova Launcher or Touchwiz after hitting the home button (this is after setting Nova Launcher as my default). This has been happening more often than not. Any suggestions, or is this par for the course when using a secondary launcher?

Thanks in advance...

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really think Nova Launcher is really screwing Cleo (my Note 3). Everything is slower and buggy. I know that's very vague, but I'm frustrated.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to try out Touchwiz for the first time, and not by choice. It seems like Nova Launcher has to send an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax