car mode?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone can tell me what car mode is and how to activate it, different from either hands free mode or hands free in s voice?

To be honest, in not even sure how my phone got in there, but must have been from carhome ultra, which I recently added(and was using).

I'm pretty sure I had exited carhome ultra, bit my phone was still in car mode(only option in the notification was to touch to turn it off).

It has the same icon as hands free mode(steering wheel, but said car mode).

I don't use a car dock, do it's nothing from that.

Only thing I can think of is somehow carhome ultra puts the phone in car mode even if I switch over to s voice(even if I don't exit carhome ultra ... but it's no longer shown in notifications).

To be honest, the various hands free modes are a little confusing until you figure out what each is.

Anyway, any thoughts on car mode without a dock are appreciated.

Edit: May have figured it out..car mode may be where chu assigns the home key to the app temporarily while it's running(even if it's first work because I haven't installed the chu patch)

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't..but I think I figured it out that car mode is coming from chu for sure (I think out has to do with whether chu transfers the display settings etc to other apps that are launched from chu).it uses the same notification icon as native Samsung settings which is why it ess a little confusing, and isn't identified as coming from chu in the notification drop down.

All in all,chu is very good, but has so many settings it just takes a little time to figure them out. Those, on top of the previously overlapping Samsung hands free options take some learning.

Off topic, but I would like to figure out a way to have voice recognition available even while chu is running (vs me having to launch svoice (or Google)).

Thanks for the post!

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Car mode can also be activated by magnetic covers. I figured this out after being mystified by my phone reporting it was in car mode for seemingly no reason, and finally realizing it was correlated with my placing the device on top of my iPad with its magnetic cover! Does anybody know if there's a way to enter car mode without an external hardware trigger? Like, if I just WANT car mode? :)

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, question is what is car mode? Would make sense to me that it combines both hands free modes(svoice and hands free mode).car mounts can usually activate it...if there's not yet an app for that by itself, I bet there will be shortly...I checked in trigger but don't think I saw it there.