RAM Manager.

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
When I click on the clear memory in the ram manager it says between 37 & 45 apps cleared. My question is since I'm rooted in sure I can lower that number and in doing so invade performance potentially. Any tips on how to do this right the first time?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I click on the clear memory in the ram manager it says between 37 & 45 apps cleared. My question is since I'm rooted in sure I can lower that number and in doing so invade performance potentially. Any tips on how to do this right the first time?

Here is something to keep in mind: Android deals with RAM much differently from Windows. In Windows, you are correct, you do want as much free RAM as possible. With Android, it likes to keep apps in RAM to open and run smoother. So the RAM being full is a good thing.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Are you having an issue with the device? If you are not, don't worry about the Ram usage. The device will clear out what it needs to keep Ram available. The reason why you can close out all running Ram is because certain system level apps and processes need to be running in order for the phone to operate properly.

If there's nothing wrong then no need to worry. Enjoy the device and trust that the device is doing what it needs to run smooth.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to back up the others what they said is correct with RAM usage on Android versus on Windows.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37