08-11-2016 12:39 AM
36 12
tools
    Do you use the official case, with the sview? If so the new update doesn't work with it. Take the case off and reset. Mine is now perfect
    Can you elaborate, what update doesn't work with s-view?

I also suffered from upto 10 sec. wake up delay(among other sudden lags) and i also have samsung s-view cover on my note 3.

Removing sd-card seems to have worked for the lags on my phone... so far...

I'd like to know if there is a known issue with the original s-view cover and (kitkat?) .

Note 3 worked like a dream until kitkat update and some time after, but now that you mentioned... I'm pretty shure It didn't start to fail until i slapped the s-view cover back on...
    Then again, that could be just a coincidence...
    05-18-2014 07:40 PM
    The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called Developer options.

This section might be hidden on some phones, but its very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if its currently hidden (for example, search enable developer options HTC One).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an Advanced subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that its set to 1x by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to .5x thats it. p.s restart your device.
    05-21-2014 12:53 PM
    Guys I think you helped me here. I could not find a solution anywhere. I love the note 3 and this problem was getting the best of me. I will try cache cleaning, sd card removing, back up and restore disabling and watch on as well one by one and then get back to you. Thanks!
    06-19-2014 06:41 AM
    It all worked. But I have to say that it got solved before I could try all the solutions suggested before. Once I turned off the phone and then back on the lag disappeared. Note that I did not restarted but turned off and on. Something that I had not done in a while. Any ways I decided to remove the sd card. Wipe the cache, block automatic restore and disable watch on. Thank you guys.
    06-19-2014 07:40 AM
    Or even turn animation completely off!!!
    06-23-2014 04:41 AM
    i am using Note 3 SM9005 and a 64GB Samsung pro Class 10 Sd card installed and my phone Doesnt give Display after i try to unlock it ,the Function works but i cant see the Phone getting unlocked ,after some 20-30 sec the Homescreen Displays . when i call somebody the phone Doesnt Respond for 30-40 Sec then Makes a Calls.
    This is a Big problem after paying a hefty amount . Annoying.
    07-16-2014 10:59 AM
    omg thanks the sd card was my problem too!
    08-03-2014 01:39 PM
    I got a new SIM. Fixed my issue

Posted via Android Central App
    08-29-2014 09:44 PM
    Disable Power Saving Mode. With it enabled he SD card slot gets put to sleep etc at every screen lock and then takes ages to boot up the reader slot.
    11-24-2014 07:56 AM
    My sandisk sd was having issues with grey sections over photos and last week the sd card failed, but i had not removed it. I noticed lag while unlocking the screen in the last few days but after removing the sd card, it is back to normal. Thanks for the suggestion in this thread. This fixed the problem on my note 4.
    01-07-2015 01:01 AM
    8 seconds does occur, infrequently as a worse case. Sometimes the device doesn't respond to the initial attempt at all. I do however, have an SD card installed that was subsequently removed by the Note 3 or so i speculate, its an old card it could have just died of natural causes. Nonetheless I will remove and update to whether this has had any positive outcome. Thank you for taking the time to help me troubleshoot.
    I have had the exact symptoms: a Note 4 was very slow & laggy on wake-up. It needed 4-8 seconds between keypress and wake-up (screen on). After a VERY LONG and POINTLESS troubleshooting process (including reset to defaults, also loosing some data because of... well because I'm human), I stumbled upon this thread.

Removing the SD card fixed the issue INSTANTLY. It's now snappy and responsive.

So... Thanks!
    08-11-2016 12:39 AM
36 12