Note 3 price drop at Verizon Wireless

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a good time to upgrade to the Galaxy Note 3 at Verizon. They've dropped the price to $250 and they are offering a minimum of $100 back on any working smart phone that you have lying around the house. I just thought I'd share the news. I called and begged for an early upgrade.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. At least now it seems the price is coming down closer to where I can think seriously about it. I don't plan on using their $ back though. I checked how much my Note 2 would be worth and I can sell it for prolly 2x that or close.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a good time to upgrade to the Galaxy Note 3 at Verizon. They've dropped the price to $250 and they are offering a minimum of $100 back on any working smart phone that you have lying around the house. I just thought I'd share the news. I called and begged for an early upgrade.

What was your upgrade date and did they do it for you? My father needs a new phone but his upgrade date is early April. He wants the Note 3 too!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. At least now it seems the price is coming down closer to where I can think seriously about it. I don't plan on using their $ back though. I checked how much my Note 2 would be worth and I can sell it for prolly 2x that or close.

I sold my Note 2 on ebay for $450. If was like brand new with 3 cases and original box. Verizon offered me $65 smh.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What was your upgrade date and did they do it for you? My father needs a new phone but his upgrade date is early April. He wants the Note 3 too!

My upgrade date was Feb. 28. They did do it for me. I didn't whine or anything. I honestly just said, please... To be fair, I tried for an early upgrade earlier last week and I was turned down. You really have to get the right person on the phone.I don't think they will give you an early upgrade unless you are getting close to the 1 month mark. You might try when he's two months from his upgrade date.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't plan on using their $ back though. I checked how much my Note 2 would be worth and I can sell it for prolly 2x that or close.

Yeah. I wouldn't use their deal on a spiffy phone like the Note 2. I still have an old Blackberry Curve that works. That's what I'm going to give them. It's just been sitting in a box for a couple of years.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Buy a cheap prepaid smartphone for like $20 or $30 to use as a trade in

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mikes781

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I was in there yesterday and they mentioned that they would give me $100 for my Note 2. I decided to sell it on my own but it didn't realize that deal was good for any old phone. Time to see what I have laying around.

mikes781

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just took a look and it says a new 2 year activation is required. Does this mean a new line or would a 2 year extension qualify assuming that my contract is up? It appears to come in the form of a verizon gift card.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If I got mine within the last 3 weeks I should be eligible to receive 50 bucks back right?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just took a look and it says a new 2 year activation is required. Does this mean a new line or would a 2 year extension qualify assuming that my contract is up? It appears to come in the form of a verizon gift card.

A 2 year extension would qualify. It would come in the form of a Verizon gift card.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I got mine within the last 3 weeks I should be eligible to receive 50 bucks back right?

Posted via Android Central App

You can call them, they might credit you the difference.

mikes781

May 31, 2011
Visit site
A 2 year extension would qualify. It would come in the form of a Verizon gift card.

I went digging into an old junk drawer and found an original Motorola Droid. I knew there was a reason that I didn't throw it away lol. After a quick charge I took it to a verizon store and sure enough they gave me a $100 gift card for it. $250 minus a $100 gift card isn't a bad deal. Ill just apply it to my bill and sell my Note 2. Thanks for the heads up!

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised when I got an email offering me to do an early upgrade (from my S3) using the Edge plan. I had been curious about it, so I dropped into a store just to get some straight answers about the Edge. The Edge was what I figured it was, and sounded ok, until they said I'd have to give up my unlimited plan. However when I mentioned that, the Verizon store rep said he could move me to a 6 GB/month plan for the same money as my unlimited, without a contract extension. Well, that made a difference for me, because most of the time, I didn't use any more than 2 GB, but did sometimes go up to 3 GB a month. So my early upgrade worked wonderfully. Only thing was I had to just give them my Note 2 that I had bought off of Ebay, not from them.

Oh well, I hated to just turn in my old phone as I tend to get really good money from selling "old" phones on Ebay, but overall, I'm happy with that.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised when I got an email offering me to do an early upgrade (from my S3) using the Edge plan. I had been curious about it, so I dropped into a store just to get some straight answers about the Edge. The Edge was what I figured it was, and sounded ok, until they said I'd have to give up my unlimited plan. However when I mentioned that, the Verizon store rep said he could move me to a 6 GB/month plan for the same money as my unlimited, without a contract extension. Well, that made a difference for me, because most of the time, I didn't use any more than 2 GB, but did sometimes go up to 3 GB a month. So my early upgrade worked wonderfully. Only thing was I had to just give them my Note 2 that I had bought off of Ebay, not from them.

Oh well, I hated to just turn in my old phone as I tend to get really good money from selling "old" phones on Ebay, but overall, I'm happy with that.

So you gave them your note 2, agreed tomonthly edge payments, and your unlimited plan and they gave you a note 3 in exchange.

Maybe I am not clear on something but this just doesn't seem like a good deal.

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats a horrible deal. I see people that are selling their unlimited plans to others using an assumption of liability for over $100 alone, just for the plan. Then you could flip the device on Ebay, Swappa, Craigslist for at least a couple of hundred dollars. I used 23 gigs of data this past month between Google Music, Pandora, WatchESPN, NFL Mobile, and Netflix, lol. When I lose unlimited I am done with Verizon.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
What made it ok for me was the fact that I NEVER use that much data. So 6 GB for the same price as my unlimited was perfect for me. I OCCASIONALLY used 3 GB, but most of the time it was rarely above 2. The bad part as the having to give up my Note 2. Probably should have just waited, but this allowed me to upgrade BEFORE my upgrade date.

Oh well...I was just so happy to get a comparably priced "metered" plan, I took it!