Note 3: Replacement batteries

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm expecting my new Galaxy Note 3 to arrive in a couple of days. While I wait, I'm curious as to what replacement batteries people recommend? There seems to be a lot of options. I like the idea of always having a spare battery on hand. I'd prefer to have one that doesn't require a new back, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Replacement batteries

I'm expecting my new Galaxy Note 3 to arrive in a couple of days. While I wait, I'm curious as to what replacement batteries people recommend? There seems to be a lot of options. I like the idea of always having a spare battery on hand. I'd prefer to have one that doesn't require a new back, however.

Most extended batteries will require a new back. Sometimes they come with them. If you really need a spare, I would look at getting one from Shop Android: ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Replacement batteries

I prefer to stick to the Samsung stock battery. Some third party are low quality and can fee problematic

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You should get the Samsung backup battery system... It has an oem 3200mah battery and a compact external charger that works with any micro usb charger no new battery door needed

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I would stay with an OEM battery as well. You ill find that you really don't need the extended battery anyway. The Note 3 has plenty of power as it is for a full day of use. Also, most knock off batteries do not have the NFC antenna in them. I got an OEM battery from an eBay seller for$10 shipped and have never needed it and use my Note 3 constantly.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Like others mentioned. Get the Samsung charger set. I carry it everywhere now and unless at home. I am more prone to swap batteries and let the low one charge in the charger. Has been very handy on battery intensive trips. Big cities, large sporting events, long travel days. I feel much saver with a charger pack plugged in at an airport than my phone. If it's not in my hand at least. And we know all airports have a shortage of outlets.

Go Hokies. I went to Auburn but live up there for 2 years and loved it.

Lastly. Enjoy the new phone. It's great. I wouldn't trade mine

Posted via Android Central App

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The stock battery is pretty good, but I also have a 6400mah (Hyperion??) battery and back. It makes the phone a lot larger, but not too large (IMHO). I use the stock battery when around home, but when traveling, I always use the larger battery. With the larger battery, it would be VERY difficult to run out of juice!

The larger battery comes with a shiny-black back - pretty ugly. But, they also sell a rubberized back that goes over the shiny black one. With that, it's pretty decent.

The 6400mah battery and rubberized-back runs about $45.

See my review here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3/339316-hyperion-extended-battery-hyperion-case-cover-spigen-glass-screen-protector.html

bert

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I've had my phone for about a week now and I've been very impressed with the stock battery. It's making it up into the evening with regular use, data constantly activated, and several widgets. I even got a full work day out of it when I while using animated wallpaper. I may get a Samsung back-up battery just for travel purposes, but this thing is amazing. It also seems to charge quickly. Best phone ever!!!

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a GS3 to a new Note 3, and I am astonished by the battery life. I purchased an extra battery assuming that I'd need it, but a week in- I have not needed it once. By the way- I purchased my spare (stock) battery from Verizon for $35 or so. I will only purchase batteries from an authorized retailer since I literally could not purchase a real Samsung spare battery for my previous Samsung phone any other way. I bought several through eBay, Amazon, All4Cellular, etc and all turned out to be counterfeit. Anyone who has purchased a battery from a source other than their mobile phone service provider or the manufacturer (in my experience / opinion) very likely has a counterfeit battery which may or may not work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678