Anybody LOVE their Note 3?

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been discussed...but I am thinking of getting this phone, and all I see in the forum are the complaints. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate those, but they tend to scare people off. Also, I am not looking to be "convinced" one way or another, I just want to hear from people who love this phone and why.

If there is a thread covering this, please (gently) steer me to it.

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Anybody LOVE their Note 3?

I got my Note 3 a week ago and I couldn't be happier!!

I really like the size of the Note series of phones.

Txsdroidy

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I got this Phone for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it, the size the response, the camera it's just amazing. I had a DROID bionic for a couple of years and that phone was no good it was extremely slow and lagging a lot had to take out the battery several times a day but this one else here maybe once every couple of weeks or so.

Txsdroidy

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Sad thing is the Note 3 outclasses my Nexus 7 (2012) so bad. It's been selling me on wanting to buy a newer tablet. It's specs make it a rockstar for running any software out there and the screen is gorgeous. 1080p + landscape mode is the best mobile browsing experience out there. Screen is even large enough that you don't have to do a lot of zooming to get something readable.

I was going from a midrange Gingerbread phone to this though, so it didn't take much to blow me away.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had this since mid Oct and I do still love this device. For me, the Note 3 is all about the screen. It's blacks are deep, colors are vibrant, I can't see any pixels, and it's big enough that I don't have to wear my reading glasses.

It is on the large side for one handed operation, but it's a trade off I'm willing to live with for this awesome screen. All the other goodies (sPen, removable battery, sdxc slot, camera, etc..) is just icing on the cake.

One word of warning ... After using this phone for 1 week, other devices will seem tiny to you. You may never be able to go back to a "normal" size phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I Love my Note 3 got it on the first day Verizon sold it, and didn't miss my Nexus or S4 one bit, the screen is awesome, it's fast and the battery lasts all day... It takes great pictures... The only problems I've had were caused by apps...I can't wait fir kit kat to drop, then on to the Note 4 best phablet ever

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had this phone for a while now. The phone is pretty sturdy compared to other phones. On average I get one day of battery life. I normally carry a backup battery. It's not often that you get hiccups with the note 3. The camera is very good despite the controversy. However, is not all that great in low light situations. The overall experience I can't complain. Touchwiz interface is okay I don't have a problem with it like most people. The only complaint that I have are Samsung bloatware. Samsung needs to stop with all the unnecessary ad_on apps. If you travel alot or watch tons of media the note 3 is a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Johnny Umphress

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't be happier. Best device I have ever had. I got it when it first came out and paid full retail because I was not up for a new contract. And I do not regret it. I even sold my Nexus 7 and gave away my high dollar Samsung camera and my JVC movie camera. This is my all-in-one device now.

By the way, the forum is full of problems because this is where we go for help. This is only a small fraction of the total users out there. So you can't judge a device because all you see here are problems. Even most of the people here requesting help will still say they love the Note 3. End the majority of the problems you read about here are very isolated. I have never had one problem with mine but I have had to ask a question now and then about something I did not understand.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 is easily the best phone ive ever owned. Once you dial in your preferences between settings and apps the phone is an absolute beast.

Specs and screen alone should be enough to convince anyone to get one. But in my case as time moved on, things just got better with the phone.

Locked in preorder no problem. Then got 30% off the phone on launch day. Then got 2 cases for $6.00. After using the phone i found the battery to be good enough that i did not need a spare battery/charger like my previous phones. (+50$) Then Samsung did the 50$ gift card promo for buying a Note 3. Just awesome. I highly recommend this phone to anyone looking for a large screened phone, theres really no competition in my opinion.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been discussed...but I am thinking of getting this phone, and all I see in the forum are the complaints. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate those, but they tend to scare people off. Also, I am not looking to be "convinced" one way or another, I just want to hear from people who love this phone and why.

Thanx

Are we going to the same forum??? I barely see any complaints about the Note 3 lol.

Bobyouall

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine like 3 days ago... still learning new things it can do! I went from a Galaxy Nexus to this and it's a huge difference. Don't get me wrong... loved that phone. If you watch a lot of TV, check out the WatchON app on the Note 3... just trust me. I also love the stylus (S-Pen) and I keep learning about new functions it can do. For example, try holding it close to the top/bottom of the screen on a webpage that scrolls without touching the screen, I know these seem like tiny things, but I think they are awesome.

Are we going to the same forum??? I barely see any complaints about the Note 3 lol.

He might be talking about random posts about people having trouble but he has to realize that this is a small percentage of owners and people mostly only post if they have a problem. You can't expect to go to a forum and just see 10 posts saying "OMG I JUST LOVE THIS PHONE! That is all!". :)

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have had my note 3 for a week now and I just can't put it down, I've been on it constantly! I added a Samsung SDXC 64gb memory card and I should be set. At first I thought maybe it was too big but now I would not want a smaller screen.
THIS PHONE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I LOVE IT!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Best smart phone I've ever had, by far. A big difference from my last device, the Galaxy Nexus. This thing is a beast. I've found it to be a huge upgrade in two critical areas that have always been lacking in my previous phones, as nice as they were: speed and battery life. The Note 3 rocks both.

And the size? Awesome. Like many others have said, other phones seem so tiny now. But that's a very personal preference.

One last note: if you can swing it, I highly recommend getting an AC band router, which this phone can take advantage of, if you've got the speed from your provider. You can get done fantastic dl speeds that won't hitch video.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was just thinking. You can almost count on one hand the complaint posts.. (well maybe a few more lol)

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Got my note 3 this past Monday. I am still learning but yes I really love the size and features! Eventually the phones may all go real small again in a few years but for now I'm loving this size! I will be the person getting a 6 or 7 inch phone when those come out lol

Thanx

sent from my Note 3

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Note 3 since November. I'll try not to sound like a fanboy but the prior comments in the thread are dead on. Big, fast and a wonderful screen. Almost no complaints. Best phone I've ever owned (Thunderbolt -> Bionic -> Razr Maxx -> S4 -> Note 3). The S4 was a great phone too and I sometimes miss its form factor. The Note 3 can be a handful at times.

The most surprising feature for me was the stylus. I use it more than I thought I would. The phone just seems to have the right mix of software and hardware. No regrets.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the AT&T Note 3 about 4 months ago and loved it, but needing better rural cell coverage I moved to Verizon and the only phone I considered was the Note 3. It is just as great as the AT&T version with much better cell coverage. I am in pig heaven! LOL