Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - HELP!

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Note 3 (SM-N900v) and first thing I tried to do is root it with Root De La Vega.

True confession: I had no backup before trying to root.

I downloaded the Samsung drivers and installed them.

I downloaded the Odin3.09 program and installed it.

Booted the phone into download mode.

Connected the USB3 cable to the phone.

Started Odin, added the root de la vega file and clicked start.

It gets as far as this:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Root_de_la_Vega.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/014> Odin v.3 engine (ID:14)..
<ID:0/014> File analysis..
<ID:0/014> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/014> Initialzation..
<ID:0/014> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/014> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/014> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/014> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/014> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/014> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/014>
<ID:0/014> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

After it failed the first time, I unplugged the phone and pulled the battery to start over, only this time when it powered up, it told me:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again"

I'm stumped and don't know what to do now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
See if Kies can recover it. Download from Samsung's site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
(In reply to VDub2174)

I tried this program, but it too fails. I suspect because I'm not able to put the phone in USB Debugging mode?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
(In reply to VDub2174)

I tried this program, but it too fails. I suspect because I'm not able to put the phone in USB Debugging mode?
Oh, that's easy.

Settings > About Phone just keep tap on the build number (I believe). After about 7-8 times, back out and you'll see "Developer Options" right above About Phone. you can turn it on there.

- - - Updated - - -

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that's easy.

Settings > About Phone just keep tap on the build number (I believe). After about 7-8 times, back out and you'll see "Developer Options" right above About Phone. you can turn it on there.

- - - Updated - - -

How To Easily Root The Note 3 WITHOUT Tripping KNOX! - YouTube

But I can't get into the phone at all. My two choices are to boot it into Download Mode, holding the 3 keys, or power it up and let it go right to the screen that tells me I need to use the "Software Repair Assistant". Maybe that's what I need, but I don't know where to get that software?

I really feel stupid that I got myself into this mess. I even waited to make sure I had time to spend on setting the phone up right so I wouldn't have any issues. Ugh!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Even that would be a welcomed fix to the current problem. After all, I can't even use the phone as it is.

If you weren't on 4.3, you should be able to flash the 4.2.2 firmware. You can probably find some on xda-developers.com
All of the other reliable sources for those are a mess as of late

Posted via Android Central App

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If you weren't on 4.3, you should be able to flash the 4.2.2 firmware. You can probably find some on xda-developers.com
All of the other reliable sources for those are a mess as of late

Posted via Android Central App

I do know I am on 4.3, that's what the phone had when I checked it this morning. But I don't know what the build number is.

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I was finally able to restore my phone to new condition by using the Kies program and running the Emergency Firmware update/restore. I also had to run the program on another computer a second time. My computer runs XP and my daughter's laptop runs Win8. Not sure if it was the OS that mattered, or perhaps some firewalls, Antivirus or other things that interfered. In any event, my crisis is over. Phew!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was finally able to restore my phone to new condition by using the Kies program and running the Emergency Firmware update/restore. I also had to run the program on another computer a second time. My computer runs XP and my daughter's laptop runs Win8. Not sure if it was the OS that mattered, or perhaps some firewalls, Antivirus or other things that interfered. In any event, my crisis is over. Phew!

Glad to hear its fixed. Kies probably prefers Win7 at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Melqui Perez

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi!!! Im having the exact same probleeeem please i need your hepl!!!!! Ive been trying to fix my phone with kies the wholeeee night and its not working!!!! :-[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781