Transferring music from iTunes to Note 3 on Mac

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have recently switched from an iPhone to the Note 3. I transferred music from iTunes to the Note 3 using Kies on my Mac. I do not transfer all my songs, but pick the ones I want. I notice that the tracks in Kies are not in the correct song order when scanning the music library. When looking at the song properties, I see that the track order assigned for each song is correct. but when transferred to the Note 3 it is not in the correct track order. One particular album, Abby Road, is partially in the correct order. The second half of the album is more a medley and the songs follow a particular sequence. They are all out of order on the Note 3. In iTunes, they are in the correct order for the entire album, and as well as the iPhone that I had. On the Note 3 the songs do not follow the correct track order. I DO NOT have shuffle engaged. They are listed in the stock music app in the wrong order. Just about all the other albums I have, are in the correct order. Is there something in iTunes that I need to configure so the songs are read in the correct order in Kies and for the Note 3? This particular album in NOT checked off as part of a compilation.

Also, if songs are meant to fade in/ fade out together rather being separated by a few seconds, how can I transfer songs to the Note 3 so they play as a medley rather than separate tracks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have recently switched from an iPhone to the Note 3. I transferred music from iTunes to the Note 3 using Kies on my Mac. I do not transfer all my songs, but pick the ones I want. I notice that the tracks in Kies are not in the correct song order when scanning the music library. When looking at the song properties, I see that the track order assigned for each song is correct. but when transferred to the Note 3 it is not in the correct track order. One particular album, Abby Road, is partially in the correct order. The second half of the album is more a medley and the songs follow a particular sequence. They are all out of order on the Note 3. In iTunes, they are in the correct order for the entire album, and as well as the iPhone that I had. On the Note 3 the songs do not follow the correct track order. I DO NOT have shuffle engaged. They are listed in the stock music app in the wrong order. Just about all the other albums I have, are in the correct order. Is there something in iTunes that I need to configure so the songs are read in the correct order in Kies and for the Note 3? This particular album in NOT checked off as part of a compilation.

Also, if songs are meant to fade in/ fade out together rather being separated by a few seconds, how can I transfer songs to the Note 3 so they play as a medley rather than separate tracks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
I am not very proficient with Apple services, but I do know Google Play and Music Manager can help to import songs from iTunes. Have you tried that?

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I do not believe this method is what I'm looking for. Not sure if it matters that I'm am transferring to an external card and the music files are m4a

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I do not believe this method is what I'm looking for. Not sure if it matters that I'm am transferring to an external card and the music files are m4a

Ok. I don't really have anything else to suggest. Sorry.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I'm wondering if it is something particular to the Note 3 or OS 4.3. I have tried numerous methods since my 1st posting including the Music Manager and using the Play Music app on the Note3. I tried using the trial version of Player Pro which has a 'sort' feature in the menu. I set it to sort by tracks, but the songs that were out of order continue to be out of order. I created an iTunes playlist with the one album I mentioned as a test, and even used Easy Phone Tunes to transfer to the internal memory and then the sd card. Same thing. Hoping someone has encountered this same problem?

Last edited:

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I believe I found the problem. I stumbled on additional column views in iTunes and found one labeled 'Disc Number'. When I was able to see this information I found that many songs that were out of order on the Note 3 had a different value in this column. Most of the songs in the correct order had No value while those out of order showed a 1 or 1 of 1. When you highlight a song and right click, you then click on 'get information' and then click on the tab 'info', it shows a 1, or, 1 of 1 in the boxes labeled disc number. If I make everything a ZERO and close out of iTunes then restart, when I go to transfer to my Note 3 all the songs are now in the correct order. I was using Kies to make this happen. I suppose other programs may work, but I'm not going to spend more time on this. Although the same column in Kies for disc number can be displayed, it will show the songs that have the wrong disc number. It does not seem to matter as long as it was corrected in iTunes. I hope this helps some others that may be experiencing the same issue.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe I found the problem. I stumbled on additional column views in iTunes and found one labeled 'Disc Number'. When I was able to see this information I found that many songs that were out of order on the Note 3 had a different value in this column. Most of the songs in the correct order had No value while those out of order showed a 1 or 1 of 1. When you highlight a song and right click, you then click on 'get information' and then click on the tab 'info', it shows a 1, or, 1 of 1 in the boxes labeled disc number. If I make everything a ZERO and close out of iTunes then restart, when I go to transfer to my Note 3 all the songs are now in the correct order. I was using Kies to make this happen. I suppose other programs may work, but I'm not going to spend more time on this. Although the same column in Kies for disc number can be displayed, it will show the songs that have the wrong disc number. It does not seem to matter as long as it was corrected in iTunes. I hope this helps some others that may be experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for the follow up.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I know you said you don't want to spend anymore time on it, but the apps iSyncr and Rocket Player make it where you can sync about as effortlessly as with your iPhone, via WiFi or cable.

if you can read this, you're standing too close

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I will check into that as well. I briefly looked at the product on their site. Can you select individual songs, tracks, albums? I do not want to have all of the songs in my iTunes library on my phone. Does it have to be done as a playlist or can I just pick and choose. Although Kies is quite slow, it allows just one song or many songs to be transferred to the Note 3. My earlier observation though suggests that no matter what program is used to transfer music, if some kind of unusual or hidden tagging is going on in iTunes, the transferred songs will end up out of order on the phone.
Thanks.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will check into that as well. I briefly looked at the product on their site. Can you select individual songs, tracks, albums? I do not want to have all of the songs in my iTunes library on my phone. Does it have to be done as a playlist or can I just pick and choose. Although Kies is quite slow, it allows just one song or many songs to be transferred to the Note 3. My earlier observation though suggests that no matter what program is used to transfer music, if some kind of unusual or hidden tagging is going on in iTunes, the transferred songs will end up out of order on the phone.
Thanks.

It looks like its just playlists that are allowed to be transferred. But I get around it by having a playlist that is just a dump for albums and another for random individual songs (called random, appropriately enough).

Once on your device, rocket players let's you peruse by playlist, artist, album, or song. I've only had one thing appear out of order (one of the twilight albums - don't judge) , but I checked something in iTunes and then it was back in the correct progression.

Rocket player has options for controlling crossfade etc if you go for the premium version.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app