OtterBox Defender case

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When I have my OtterBox Defender Holster on my belt it is almost impossible for me to release the phone from the holster because the latch is so tight I just have trouble releasing the clip. Does anyone else have this issue ?

Posted via Android Central App

twick75

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same issue when I first purchased the Otter Box. I have arthritic thumbs and have had to put the Otter Box in the drawer and go back to a holster. I purchased a Rugged QX NTX that I use at work and I just put my Note 3 in an inside pocket of my jacket otherwise. For now, still pondering whether I will use the Box for protection purposes down the road.
Overall the Box seems like a good case...it simply isn't a good fit for the belt carrier, such as myself.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not a big fan of the holster release either. Extremely tight. I guess they want to make sure the phone doesn't release if dropped. I too am arthritic so I rarely use the holster. Love the case though.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just don't have the strength in my thumb to release it with one hand that is a shame to but they do make good cases but the design on the Note 3 holster is poor. I have a Note 2 otterbox defender case and don't have that trouble with any my Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought a note 2 Otterbox holster off EBAY ($5) with the hope that I could use it with note 3... No such luck.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have it and it is very tight. I have had mine a while now and it is getting easier. I don't know if I am building thumb muscles or the case is loosening. The case is a bit large, but it has a good tacky feel to it that will not slip out of my hands or even slide off the dash of the vehicle.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Even after two months I am still having the problem. Usually I use both hands to release the phone. Otherwise I like the case. It is much better and slimmer than Otterbox Defender that I had for my Note II.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome