07-11-2014 11:58 PM
39 12
tools
    I don't have this problem with EvolveSMS either. Works as mentioned by Rusty502
    02-17-2014 03:51 PM
    Thanks! I started using it today and so far, I like it. I didn't really have a problem with the stock app, but I do like the fact that if I have to reset the phone, or change phones, my text message history isn't gone.
    I like the stock TouchWiz messaging app too. Works fine for me. If you're using Kies, you can backup your MMS/SMS, and a bunch of other stuff. Apps like MyBackup also can backup messages, along with apps, etc. Another option is the Save Messages feature in the stock TouchWiz messaging app. Just a few options that may help in the event a reset is needed, or the time comes to get that Note 4.
    brucedbr likes this.
    02-17-2014 09:55 PM
    I like the stock TouchWiz messaging app too. Works fine for me. If you're using Kies, you can backup yor MMS/SMS, and a bunch of other stuff. Apps like MyBackup also can backup messages, along with apps, etc. Another option is the Save Messages feature in the stock TouchWiz messaging app. Just a few options that may help in the event a reset is needed, or the time comes to get that Note 4.
    Funny thing is, I never had a problem with the stock app either, just like trying different things I guess, kind of liked the look, feel, and customization ability of evolve sms and now I don't think I could go back
    02-17-2014 10:54 PM
    I'm not finding any app called TouchWiz. Do you mean that ugly black Messenger?

Deb from my Note 3
    02-23-2014 02:06 PM
    Touchwiz is the stock messenger.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-23-2014 02:39 PM
    I'm not finding any app called TouchWiz. Do you mean that ugly black Messenger?

Deb from my Note 3
    TouchWiz is the entire Android interface on Samsung phones. It's what you see and use for everything. When they referred to TouchWiz as the Messenger app, they mean the stock messenger app in TouchWiz
    02-23-2014 04:39 PM
    I used TW messaging app with no issues ever. I moved to EvolveSMS simply because it worked at least as well as TW messaging and uses the newer Google compliant UI, which I like very much by the by.
    02-23-2014 06:14 PM
    I have the problem also, not able to send pics attached to messages in the stock Samsung Galaxy note 3 texting app.....I tried it with WIFI on and with WIFI off, nothing...it keeps telling me "service not activated on Network"...what does that mean????
    02-23-2014 09:13 PM
    I have the problem also, not able to send pics attached to messages in the stock Samsung Galaxy note 3 texting app.....I tried it with WIFI on and with WIFI off, nothing...it keeps telling me "service not activated on Network"...what does that mean????
    Sounds like you should call your service provider, don't think it's your device.
    02-23-2014 09:43 PM
    Touchwiz is the stock messenger.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    You would think with as hard as they work to make everything else on these phones look pretty they would do something about that ugly thing. I don't use it because it is so ugly.

Deb from my Note 3
    02-23-2014 11:07 PM
    I just went to look at it again. Apparently they did decide to finally do something about that ugly black thing

Deb from my Note 3
    02-23-2014 11:11 PM
    There are other things to think about when communicating via text or email. Just some thoughts in random order... 1) very large pics may not send well. When I send pics to hubby's dumb phone I reduce pic size 1st. 2) recipient not getting your send could be on ~ their ~ end not necessarily the sender's. 3) temporary network trouble on either end or somewhere in the middle. I'm sure there are more but you should have the idea by now.

Deb

Deb from my Note 3
    02-24-2014 02:57 AM
    I just use Hangouts, it's free, it syncs with your Google account so if you switch phones or reset your phone once you reload the app your messages still appear. Also, you can send a picture regardless of you being on wifi or not with hangouts. I would also expect that you could on the stock messaging app but haven't tried it or used it in quite some time.
    Do you find the long vibration awful though? Every time my phone goes off while laying on a surface, it sounds like a fog horn.
    It's bothered me enough to switch back to the stock messaging app.
    04-02-2014 03:18 PM
    Question: I am coming from at HTC Vivid, its messenger app gives me word suggestions, which for this old fart is very nice. I can't seem to find a messenger for my Note 3 that does the same thing. Any suggestions?

I found the setting for the keyboard. Bottom left. Sorry about being stupid.
    07-11-2014 11:58 PM
39 12