Note 3: About to throw towel in. Help!

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My work is all Apple users. I went to the N3. Issues I can't overcome are making me think about going back to the dark side...

1. After doing everything regarding texting I still don't get my bosses group mms messages.
Tried everything setting size in his phone, my phone, iTunes, I cloud, Apple..
2. Photos, I always get failed to send mms cause they are to large.. I have tried Verizon Messenger, Textra, Go San, Sliding Sims.
3. Copy and Paste. It is not as fluent an sometimes very difficult to copy n paste text.
4. Auto opening attachments. I have to go thru several steps to open documents or email attachments an to veiw them.

So can anyone help me make my phone more corporate business friendly for work.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bout to throw towel in. Help!

My work is all Apple users. I went to the N3. Issues I can't overcome are making me think about going back to the dark side...

1. After doing everything regarding texting I still don't get my bosses group mms messages.
2. Photos, I always get failed to send mms cause they are to large.. I have tried Verizon Messenger, Textra, Go San, Sliding Sims.
3. Copy and Paste. It is not as fluent an sometimes very difficult to copy n paste text.
4. Auto opening attachments. I have to go thru several steps to open documents or email attachments an to veiw them.

Thanks

1. Is he using iMessage?
2. Try Google Hangouts as a texting app? It should send images. If not, you only spent a few minutes downloading and attempting. Try to adjust your camera resolution?
3. How are you trying to copy/paste? My X and N5 are long press what I want to copy, tap the icon that looks like two pieces of paper, then longpress where I want to paste it and it brings up a paste button.
4. Not sure. Hardly look at email on my phone.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Yes he uses I message and will not turn it off.

Camera I have reset it to factory default. I'm exp. having sending problems using textra. I have the mms file size set to highest there.

I so love the customization and screen size of my Note but practical and ease of use for work I may have to go back to Apple.. An I'm really not wanting to.
Samsung store in Best Buy hasn't been a lot of help except to file a discrimination claim against my boss for being Apple racist. Lol..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

iMessage is part of the problem. Can he get Hangouts on his iPhone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If you're not getting messages from your boss, check if he still has the old conversation thread between him and you. If he does, delete it
I'd say try the Hangouts app as well, and turn on SMS so that they don't need to have the app as well

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

1) It HAS TO BE something left over from iMessage.
2) If you can send 1 picture via MMS you need to call Verizon and have them check your account. From the messaging app you should be able to click the little paperclip and choose photo. It will say converting to mms and send the picture . You can also select a picture from the gallery, hit the share button and choose messaging, textra, handcent, etc. and send it from there.
3) Where are you trying to copy from??
4) Are you talking about the stock email client or Gmail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

richardah

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For the text messaging issue, what should have happened was before you switched phones, go into the iphone and disable imessage and disconnect the icloud account. At this point, everyone with an iphone has your phone number set as an "iphone" number instead of a "mobile" number. Have them go into their contacts, edit your contact record, and change it from "iphone" to "mobile". Hopefully that will help. If you still have a problem, maybe you can log in to your icloud account and remove your iphone from it.

For the attachment issue, you can try installing QuickOffice which is from Google. It should be able to open MS Office documents and I believe PDF as well.

The iphone is a dumbed down phone, so it will automatically adjust image sizes for the method you're using to send them. On Android, you'll have to change the resolution. Although, I send mms messages with photos taken at the default resolution all the time.

nriggz

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Regarding your text message issue:

This is a very common problem and I know the easiest fix. I registered for this forum just to help all of you frustrated people with this problem.

Just call 1-800-MY-IPHONE and tell them to deactivate your imessage account for the associated phone number (from your old iphone). Within 24 hours, your problem will be solved.

The solution above works every time without a hitch. The only rub is sometimes they want to charge you $20 for the service call. If they say that, just hang up and try a different person. I have never had to pay for this. They are intentionally making it difficult to switch to an android, IMO.

Good luck!

ToProduce

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
iMessage is the problem. When I went from my 4s to my s4 (haha), I couldn't get any iPhone user's texts. Eventually what worked was deleting my contact completely. Turning the phone off, then on again, then creating a new contact and instead of putting my phone number in the mobile # section put it in the home #.
But then after around 2 weeks I guess iMessage finally new that I didn't have an iPhone anymore and then everyone else could text me again.
Weird I know.

Also with the camera problems.
create a text, do add picture, take picture, take the picture you want to send from there and it will resize it so that it can send in an MMS. Otherwise if you add it from an album it does not resize it.

Lsucrazy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I never understood the point of imessage. Imo the note 3 is perfect for businesses and students, so I don't see why they wouldn't switch given how awesome scrapbook is and taking notes and such. Great phone with a crap ton of potential and customization.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Best Buy gives good customer service. I was very disappointed when Circuit City closed. Best Buy will never have my business. You can take classes at Verizon. But I would forget BB. They don't care. And AC is very helpful.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Best Buy gives good customer service. I was very disappointed when Circuit City closed. Best Buy will never have my business. You can take classes at Verizon. But I would forget BB. They don't care. And AC is very helpful.

Yes, thank you. I agree. I do shop at Best Buy but if I ever have to deal with their service department I cringe.

I miss Circuit City

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance