Note 3 still a good buy at full retail $600

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was dead set on buying the N3 today then going into the VZW store, the guy said to hold out a month for the S5.

I should of just picked up the N3 and be happy and be done but I am 2nd guessing myself now.

After research the S5 doesn't appeal to me much but I wanted to get other opinions. 64-bit processor to me means nothing to me, high screen resolution but wont be able to tell a differences on a screen that small, new processor means better battery life but higher screen resolution cancels that out.

The only thing that appeal to me was the camera if it has image stabilization and the metal body constructions.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. Don't let others dictate what you want or need. If you want a Note 3 get that. Get whatever makes you happy. One can always wait for the next best thing however if you do that that is all you will do is wait. Get whatever makes you happy. The Note 3 is a wonderful device. I just got my wife one also. She ditched her iPhone for this.

Rockin my Note 3

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
To me there's no point in waiting for the "next best thing." There's always going to be something better coming out "soon" it doesn't make sense for someone to be all hype for a phone that they don't know how it performs in the real world. A phone can have amazing specs on paper but that doesn't mean much to me until I can see it perform.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Everything what everyone said, but my main point would be screen size. If you like/need the large screen size go for the note 3, if you don't then wait for the S5.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To me there's no point in waiting for the "next best thing." There's always going to be something better coming out "soon" it doesn't make sense for someone to be all hype for a phone that they don't know how it performs in the real world. A phone can have amazing specs on paper but that doesn't mean much to me until I can see it perform.

And that is what I say to people but for some reason I dont listen to myself.

Posted via Android Central App

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
As the others have said, waiting leads to waiting. As barfingmonkey said, base your decision on screen size. Since getting mine a month ago I've stopped using my N7 tablet entirely. Its an incredible device.

You forget how big it is and it becomes natural. Both my droid maxx and moto x feel terribly small now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea I should of known better then to listen to people about waiting and of all people, VZW people. I do want the bigger screen. I have a MAXX OG now and I find myself wanting a bigger screen. I find myself sitting at hotels watching Netflix a lot or Xfinity videos.

The N3 is big but it fits in my pocket and I did notice it but it was the same when I went from a small flip phone to the DroidX and after a day or so, didn't notice it anymore.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a nice phablet. However, for me after the novelty wore off I got tired of always have a huge phone. So I got another line and phone...which is why I have 2 lines today. Then I got completely tired of the hugeness. Then I had some build quality issues across multiple samples that the OCD in me couldn't learn to ignore. So the Note 3 and I separated and then ended in divorce. We're still friends though and I'll always appreciate our time together.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a nice phablet. However, for me after the novelty wore off I got tired of always have a huge phone. So I got another line and phone...which is why I have 2 lines today. Then I got completely tired of the hugeness. Then I had some build quality issues across multiple samples that the OCD in me couldn't learn to ignore. So the Note 3 and I separated and then ended in divorce. We're still friends though and I'll always appreciate our time together.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

I got lucky I guess, no build quality issues. Everything is tight, the buttons click nicely, the screen is vibrant and amazing.

I use the Verizon black snap on case and holster so pocket space isn't an issue - smart phones weren't meant for pockets and vice versa. Holding it to my head doesn't feel awkward now.

Touch wiz is the main criticism, but nova launcher helps with that. I personally haven't found much use for the stylus, but I like knowing its there, and I do use it some for games. The battery in the Droid Maxx lasted longer, but that's to be expected with a smaller, lower resolution screen. But now I have two spares I can switch out.

No Kit Kat yet but I don't really care. I'm not sure its going to improve the user experience much beyond what I am getting now.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the exact date the Note 3 dropped to $599? I purchased mine for $699 on Jan 17. They are saying I cannot get back the $100 difference because i'm not within the 14 day period.:mad:

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the exact date the Note 3 dropped to $599? I purchased mine for $699 on Jan 17. They are saying I cannot get back the $100 difference because i'm not within the 14 day period.:mad:

It was sometime on the 7th or 8th. I purchased mine at full price on the 22nd and they are telling me the same. It did drop by $50 the week before it dropped by another $50 to $600. I was able to get a $50 refund but not the full $100. I went round and round with a rude 2nd tier support rep named M*****.

Good luck.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It was sometime on the 7th or 8th. I purchased mine at full price on the 22nd and they are telling me the same. It did drop by $50 the week before it dropped by another $50 to $600. I was able to get a $50 refund but not the full $100. I went round and round with a rude 2nd tier support rep named M*****.

Good luck.
Thank you. I'm not going to call or bother anymore. I've lost $100 by not checking the price daily for 14 days after I bought it. Customer service is dead. This is from either Russell Cellular or Verizon Wireless. I cant tell which.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why the price drop?

I am a little upset that I didnt do what I tell people and I could be at the hotel watching Netflix on a bigger screen and text at the same time bit instead I'm on my MAXX.....ugh. This weekend I'll pick it up. Most likely the rose gold version.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why the price drop?

I am a little upset that I didnt do what I tell people and I could be at the hotel watching Netflix on a bigger screen and text at the same time bit instead I'm on my MAXX.....ugh. This weekend I'll pick it up. Most likely the rose gold version.

The S5 is close to debuting so they're likely going to put that at the top price point.

And it was VZW I spoke with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I got mine for 699 and my wife this past Sunday foe 599. Got mine a while ago though iso I cannot complain. I'm just glad I got hers for a good price.

Rockin my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, as of this post, full retail is $700

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I was dead set on buying the N3 today then going into the VZW store, the guy said to hold out a month for the S5.
Huh? The GNote3 is a phablet; the GS5 is a phone. Completely different user experiences.

If you want a phablet get the GNote3. If you want a phone, wait for the GS5. Only you can decide which you want.

I would get the GNote3 now and if you don't like the user experience of a phablet, return it within 2 weeks and get the GS5 when it comes out.

I loved the GNote3 except for its radios, but Samsung radios are always crap and that won't change with the GS5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge